Search Unity

1. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We've updated our Terms of Service. Please read our blog post from Unity CTO and Co-Founder Joachim Ante here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Ads Doesn't Work Without Wifi?

Discussion in 'Unity Ads' started by ExbowFTW, Oct 8, 2015.

1. ExbowFTW

ExbowFTW

I noticed that Unity Ads doesn't work without wifi. Yikes! How do I fix this?

2. JamesLeeNZ

JamesLeeNZ

That's as it should be. You don't change it. There's a very obvious reason why its like this.

unless you think using peoples phone data is acceptable (its not)

3. ExbowFTW

ExbowFTW

Yes, but then how come some apps like 2048 have Ads that run even without WiFi?

4. Salazar

Salazar

Hello @ExbowFTW ,

Unity Ads works with any type of internet connection. Problem is how fast your connection is, because it takes some time on first launch of the game to download videos over internet. For 3G,4G mobile connections there is no problem, but if your using old school mobile data conn etc. it may take time.

Regards,

unity-nikkolai likes this.
  5. JohnnyOkami

JohnnyOkami

Bumping soo many years later, but is this still the case?

I'm finding that my Ads will only display when I'm on a Wifi Network..

Game is still in OpenBeta and thus distributed via TestFlight

6. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@JohnnyOkami

Unity Ads works without wifi. The videos might take a bit longer to load, depending on your connection. And there might be some campaigns that exclusively target wifi. But in general, there should be no problem getting ads while on a cellular networks.

If you are having issues, please open a support ticket and we'll see if we can find out the problem.