Search Unity

Bug Unity Ads doesn't work: Show invocation failed: Placement not ready

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by modernator24, Aug 26, 2022.

1. modernator24

modernator24

Showing the first ads fine, but the next attempt to see always always fails with this:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. 08-27 00:43:28.692: E/UnityAds(27239): com.unity3d.services.core.api.Sdk.logError() (line:73) :: Show invocation failed: Placement not ready
    This impacts massive negative advertisement income, and hundreds of people complain about it. It's a very urgent issue for me. How to fix this?

Using Unity 2019.4.3f1 and Unity Ads 4.2.1.

AnonymousTrickster likes this.
  2. ManishGupta

ManishGupta

same problem with me.
    ads not loading on android device, but works fine in the unity editor.

Code (CSharp):
    1.  Error UnityAds com.unity3d.services.core.api.Sdk.logError() (line:1) :: Show invocation failed: Placement not ready

3. Jointuletz

Jointuletz

Exactly the same problem here...
    The ads works perfect in unity editor but not working on android devices.. Even mediation is not working... I think is a problem with Unity..

4. ManishGupta

ManishGupta

Did any one find any solution for this ?

5. Unity_Adamski

Unity_Adamski

Unity Technologies

The error you are seeing usually occurs when a placement has not been loaded and has been requested to be shown anyway.

What you are likely experiencing is a result of recent changes to how the Unity Ads SDK handles the initial loading of placements. As a result of these changes, you are now required to load all placements before showing them. Previously the Unity Ads SDK would request all placements upon initialization, this is no longer the case.

As such you will now need to load your placements. To do this I would advise calling your load function in the Initialization Complete callback.

Yutaka4 likes this.
  6. ManishGupta

ManishGupta

Thanx it worked but only for the first time....ads fails to load of the 2nd time(giving the same error)

I am reloading the scene after watching reward ad....may be thats the problem

Last edited: Sep 3, 2022
  7. Unity_Adamski

Unity_Adamski

Unity Technologies

You need to ensure that you are always loading an ad before displaying it. I'd advise adding a load call in your show complete callback.

8. nathanfosborn

nathanfosborn

Thanks ads-adam-unity for your advice here. I have been trying to solve this same problem for ages. Ads are now being displayed but it is still hit or miss. Sometimes it takes longer than other times despite adding load calls to initialisation complete and show complete call backs. I think maybe Advertisments.Load() is just too slow.

9. RMGK

RMGK

Would this have anything to do with the new Game Services that has just been launched and/or the new mediation system? There was a message somewhere in unity recently that said that I need to upgrade to mediation for long tern support, is that true? What's the new legit way of doing things? Do I need to switch everything to the new game services and mediation?

10. shakeeltopedge

shakeeltopedge

but i observed that some unity ads callbacks method work only if device connected to internet
    if device can not connected to internet then error can happen

11. Mohab55555

Mohab55555

I added a load and it still didnt work?!

12. seifbensib

seifbensib

wraped the show ad with a coroutine so it can load before directly show ad function will work