Search Unity

Unity ads displaying an ad example and not the real ads

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by gsegers, Oct 17, 2016.

1. gsegers

gsegers

So the problem I am facing is that my ads only appear in "UnityAds" form. Why am I not seeing any real ads? I have uploaded my game yesterday to the google play store and set up everything correctly in the Unity Ads dashboard. Here are some screenshots displaying my current setup: http://prntscr.com/cv3hc3http://prntscr.com/cv3hh0
    prntscr.com/cvggvq Any help?

2. tessellation

tessellation

Turn off test mode in services panel. If you are using the Asset Store package, make sure you are passing 'false' in for test mode here: Advertisement.Initialize(gameId, false)

3. gsegers

gsegers

As you can see in the screenshots, test mode is completely turned off. Don't what's causing it...

4. tessellation

tessellation

Try turning it off and back on. Also check that your device is not registered as a test device in the UnityAds Web admin (where you also see stats and check revenue). That interface also has a global test mode you can enable and disable.

5. gsegers

gsegers

Re-enabling it worked fine. You saved my life, really. Can't thank you enough!!!!!!!!!! Holy damn i'm the happiest man alive atm. Thanks a lot :O

6. tessellation

tessellation

No problem, good luck with your project!

rasmus-unity likes this.
  7. un1tydevel0per

un1tydevel0per

Can ads show without publishing on google play or app store? I am making a PC game and uploading to my company's website... @tessellation

8. tessellation

tessellation

No, Unity Ads is only for mobile devices. You can search for another ad solution for PC or the web. If you find a good desktop solution (for running on standalone platforms), please share it here.

9. ItsakaStoev

ItsakaStoev

Can I see real ads without uploading the game in app store?

10. Barb-Unity

Barb-Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi!

Yes, you should be able to see real ads without publishing your game, as Unity Ads don't need a store ID to work. If they don't work, could you please provide more information, such as which Mediation SDK you're using (AdMob might be a bit troublesome here and require for the app to be published), and which country you're from?

Cheers!