Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Ads Daily Limit and Workarounds

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by mikeownz, Apr 3, 2017.

1. mikeownz

mikeownz

I have read mixed comments about Unity having a hard cap of only being able to show 25 Ads per day.

Can people chime in and confirm this once and for all? Why in the world is the cap set at 25? Unity thinks the odds any user will reach more than 25 Ads per day is so low?

Also, what workarounds can I do if I want the user to watch an Ad but has reached their daily limit? Should I implement another Ad program? Google's Admob?

I think I sadly came across this issue, because I never enabled Test Mode for Ads in Unity, and I kept running real time Ads during testing. I eventually ran out and my game got stuck waiting for the Advertisement.IsReady to turn true. I spent hours trying to figure out if I had messed up my Advertisement code, but I am starting to think I just reached the daily Ad cap, based on what I have been reading online. The next 24 hours should reveal this.

2. mikeownz

mikeownz

3. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

The limit of ~25 ads per day is correct, and the reason is to keep a balance of revenue vs. operational server costs; showing more than 25 ads per day per user is likely not bringing additional revenue for you as publisher. Remember our interest is to maximize the revenue in the network including publisher revenue, so it's there for a good reason.

If you really want to show more ads, you can consider implementing a mediation partner SDK, which will allow you to show ads from different networks.

Have you read https://blogs.unity3d.com/2015/04/15/a-designers-guide-to-using-video-ads/ ? Our experience is that making Ads a part of the gameplay, e.g. as rewarded ads, usually results in higher revenue, than just a large number of ads.

/Rasmus

4. mikeownz

mikeownz

Thanks for confirming and explaining.

I think all is well now.

My Ads are only generating once a player is eligible for a reward. Which could happen once every few minutes.

I wish I had knew about the 25 daily limit, because I spent several hours last night trying to fix my code that wasn't broken. I just didn't know I had run out of Ads.

5. ThatoMogale

ThatoMogale

Hey but the can player watch 25 ads all at once? Or is it over the course of the day?

docivan and SykoRaja like this.
  6. vsp01996

vsp01996

Hello sir

I have applied Unity ads in my unity game , while on my computer they are working well but in my Android ads they they and not displaying Everytime , they appear maximum 3 times in game (I haven't launch my game on playstore yet) is this is a problem or something else ?

7. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Which country are you in?

8. tuhinkarfa89

tuhinkarfa89

Same thing happening with me.
    I am from India

9. tinytap

tinytap

So what happened? when reach 25 limitation then, "Advertisement.IsReady" give us false?

10. akashajith

akashajith

Mee too

11. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Hi, thanks as usual for reaching out.

See https://unityads.unity3d.com/help/resources/statistics#fill-rate and https://unityads.unity3d.com/help/resources/best-practices#understanding-how-ads-generate-revenue for a description of how revenue is generated. So if we're simply out of ads to show for the user, we won't be able to "fill" the request.

You can consider using Mediation SDK in that case to integrate multiple ad networks, but the normal usecase for mediation is usually to prioritize between different ad networks, not to show more than 25 ads per user. Showing that many ads for same user doesn't sound like a "best practice" for integrating ads into a game, see e.g. https://unityads.unity3d.com/help/resources/best-practices

Hope this helps, and good luck with your games :)

Best regards,
    Rasmus

12. peter_nguy

peter_nguy

Hi Rasmus,

So if Flappy bird had implemented unity ads, it would have failed to serve fairly quickly given an ad is served every time you die and you could die 25 times very quickly in that game? Our game has similar ad serving mechanics and similar difficulty. In this case would you recommend going with the mediation sdk? I thought unity ads WAS the mediator....

We are also finding on beta test in Australia that ads only get served up once and once only - we believe because there are no other ads in the region. What’s your recommendation to resolve this?

Many thanks in advance!

13. peter_nguy

peter_nguy

I should add we have Ad Mob included in our Unity ads set up... So I wouldn’t have expected to run out of ads in this region. So we’re a little confused.

14. Ebonicus

Ebonicus

If you are out of ads to display, does the rewarded ad return a positive result for rewarded ad completed?

15. aylin_unity3d

aylin_unity3d

Unity Technologies