Search Unity

Unity Ads Cross Promotion Support

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by ferretnt, Nov 23, 2017.

1. ferretnt

ferretnt

Does Unity ads support cross promotion? I can find nothing about how to set one up, other than that the original Unity announcement which said "With the Unity Cloud ads service, you can use full screen ads to cross promote your own games and exchange installs with other Unity developers for free".

I suspect that info is out of date and we need to use an alternative provider or build our own system for cross-promotion. Correct?

https://blogs.unity3d.com/2013/08/30/announcing-unity-cloud-and-our-mobile-ads-service/

2. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Hi,

Time for some history :) That blog post is from a different age, before Applifier was acquired by Unity, see e.g. http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2014-03-13-unity-technologies-acquires-applifier. Applifier was the company which is now Unity Ads.

Anyways, back in 2013 we tried to build our own cross promotion service, as mentioned in that blog post, however honestly trying to build our own cross promotion network back then didn't survive for long, I believe we simply didn't manage to get a critical number of publisher to use it. As I remember, it was shut down around the same time as Applifier was acquired.

To answer your question, Unity Ads currently doesn't currently offer cross promotion, so if you need it now, look for other ad networks/partners, or as you say, build yourself.

I'll ask internally what our plans are in this direction, and will share here if there are any updates.

/Rasmus

ferretnt likes this.
  3. ferretnt

ferretnt

No worries. Since Unity now supports a video player better than Handheld.PlayFullScreenMovie, UnityWebRequest allows much better background download handling than in the days of WWW, and CDN hosting is super cheap, I wrote my own. It took about 4 hours :)