Search Unity

Unity Ads crash my app

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by v-megar-v, Sep 18, 2015.

1. v-megar-v

v-megar-v

Hello there! I am having some trouble displaying my unity ads on out new game. I created an AdManager and when I run it on Unity in my PC It all seems to be working the way it is supposed to be working. Of course, I don't see the ads when I run it on Unity, but I get to see the blue screen saying everything is in order. But when I run it on my phone, everything is not in order. First of all, the ad ran only once from all the times I attempted to display it (we have a "Get a free life for watching a video" option that triggers the video). All other times, the ad was just a black blank space with a close button on the corner of the screen. That alones concerns me, but what concerns me the most is that the android game kept crashing when It attempted to display the video..... It happened around 60% of the times I attempted to run the game.... Why is that happening?!?! I followed the tutorials, it seemed to be working on unity, why is it now crashing? is this a common problem? Is there a common mistake developers make that could lead to this? I have seen on other peoples phones that certain games already in the market crash when people watch a video ad in them.... Is this an error from Unity Ads? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

2. Salazar

Salazar

Hello @v.megar.v

Could you please provide some crush report from logcat. It will help for the fastest support.
    As a user, i didnt experience a video crash with unity ads for 9-10 months.

Regards,

PS. Keywords for getting log (unity adb logcat) , also video crashes discussed in this forum you may check forum search..