Search Unity

Unity Ads - can't interact with ad (close or click)

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by lightbreak, Apr 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lightbreak

lightbreak

After integrating unity ads following the documentation, we cannot close or click the ads rendering the game stuck at the screen after the video has played.
    we cannot find any thread having the same issue.,

we are using unity 5.2.2

2. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

Are you experiencing this issue on iOS or Android?

Are you testing this on device? Keep in mind, the simulator (or emulators) are not fully supported.

If you are building to device and getting this issue, can you enable test ads to see if you get the same functionality issue with test ads?

3. KyleWDC

KyleWDC

same thing happen to me.. whenever i put an ad on my game the ad will never be closed it remain open..

I'm using Unity 2017.1.0f3

Attached Files:

4. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

From those screenshots, looks like you are testing in Editor, and you exited Playmode while the "test ad placeholder" was shown? Just close the ad before exiting playmode.

(Bug in the old Unity GUI feature, we might consider using the new GUI instead for Ads SDK package at some point...)

Hope this answers your question.

/Rasmus

5. walaber_entertainment

walaber_entertainment

just a note for anyone else who stumbles on this thread like me. I had a very similar issue: in the EDITOR, when an ad was supposed to display, the debug image popped up, but the "Skip" and "Close" buttons were not responsive.

In my case, the issue turned out to be that I'm using the FMOD audio plugin, and the FMOD debug overlay was enabled, and appeared to be conflicting with the debug ad view. disabling the FMOD debug overlay fixed the issue. This may not only happen with FMOD, but other scripts that are using the legacy GUI to draw to the editor game view.

AsterieRevancha likes this.
  6. mikegogogo

mikegogogo

@walaber_entertainment Bingo!! I solved my similar issue by following your guide. Thank you very much, you rock!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.