Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Question Unity ads are driving me crazy please help

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by xxmohammadmbbmxx, Aug 31, 2022.

1. xxmohammadmbbmxx

xxmohammadmbbmxx

Ads were working fine on my published app and revenue was working 100% fine, until I decided to try mediation and IAP without touching the published app, but changed the project settings in the dashboard to mediation. Real ads stopped working(test ads working) and revenue went down to 0, then I changed everything in the project settings to normal and it's still not working, please help, thanks.

2. unity_IYArQwnUCPRKCw

unity_IYArQwnUCPRKCw

Unity Technologies

Hi, can you provide your game ID so that we can help to take a look? Thank you for reporting this to us

3. xxmohammadmbbmxx

xxmohammadmbbmxx

I'm using Android Game Id only: 4488875
    I wish it get fixed I've been trying for 3 days
    3 days no revenue

4. Nabeel_Kamboh

Nabeel_Kamboh

Unity Technologies

Hi, thanks for the game id. Can you outline the steps you took when you were switching providers?
    Based on the history we can see that you switched providers a few times. Did you also uninstall the unity sdk and install the unity mediation sdk during the process and update the ad unit ids?
    This will help us investigate further.
    thanks

5. xxmohammadmbbmxx

xxmohammadmbbmxx

No I didn't uninstall the unity SDK or downloaded the mediation kit, it was a noob move I didn't know I should install the mediation SDK. I've tried making new projects and using the same ad units and still doesn't work, is it banned or something? Also I got 3 games with the same ad units all of them stopped displaying ads they used to work.

6. xxmohammadmbbmxx

xxmohammadmbbmxx

I tried to switch the mediation on and off more than once in an attempt to try to fix the issue.

7. xxmohammadmbbmxx

xxmohammadmbbmxx

The thing is that the ads are working in editor(showing test ads) but on build its not

8. Unity_Adamski

Unity_Adamski

Unity Technologies

I have tested your Game ID in our test environment and can see that the SDK is initializing successfully and ads can be displayed. As such the error is likely being caused by some issue with your integration. Would it be possible for you to share the code you are using to integrate the Unity Ads SDK? It would also be very helpful if you could share any device logs you have with us.

9. xxmohammadmbbmxx

xxmohammadmbbmxx

using System.Collections;
    using System.Collections.Generic;
    using UnityEngine;
    using UnityEngine.Advertisements;

public class Ads : MonoBehaviour {

string gameId = "4488875";

string placementId = "banner";
    string placementId2 = "video";

bool testMode = false;

IEnumerator Start()
    {

Advertisement.Initialize(gameId, testMode);

while(!Advertisement.IsReady(placementId))
    yield return null;
    Advertisement.Banner.SetPosition(BannerPosition.TOP_CENTER);

Advertisement.Banner.Show(placementId);

InvokeRepeating("VideoAdOn", 0f, 35f);
    BannerOn();
    }

public void BannerOn()
    {
    Advertisement.Banner.Show(placementId);

}

public void BannerOff()
    {
    Advertisement.Banner.Hide();

}

public void VideoAdOn()
    {
    if(PlayerPrefs.GetInt("FIRSTTIMEOPENING") == 0)
    {
    if (Advertisement.IsReady(placementId2))
    {
    Advertisement.Show(placementId2);
    }
    }

}

}

10. xxmohammadmbbmxx

xxmohammadmbbmxx

I've already implemented ads script in an app on the amazon store and playstore, it was working and suddenly stopped I've contacted support on Gmail and they said this: "I tested your game and pulled device logs. It looks like the Unity Ads SDK is failing to initialize due to an error, which is why impressions and requests have dropped.". Your test seems working fine it showed an increase in the dashboard, but when I implement it doesn't show real ads nor test ads on build, but it shows test ads in the editor.
    Btw thanks for the help and sorry for making you overwork

11. Nabeel_Kamboh

Nabeel_Kamboh

Unity Technologies

Hi it looks like you are using the banner id, we will investigate more and look into why the ads are not being served, did you change the placement id at all during this process?

12. Unity_Adamski

Unity_Adamski

Unity Technologies

Looking at your code I can see you are using Advertisement.IsReady, since SDK version 3.7.5 this call has not functioned as intended or has been deprecated. Could you check for me which SDK version you are using?
    I would highly recommend that you update to SDK version 4.2.1 and use the latest integration guide.

13. AungZayaya

AungZayaya

Hi, I am using Unity ads.I am not publish my app in the play store yet. I turned off the test mod and tried it with real ads.But it load only an ad and doesn't load another ads. It shows one ad. So I closed the app and opened it again, it won't load another ads and I can't click anymore. What's happening. Someone can solve?
    Sorry for my English

14. xxmohammadmbbmxx

xxmohammadmbbmxx

No I didnt

15. Nabeel_Kamboh

Nabeel_Kamboh

Unity Technologies

Hi, we are still working with the team and looking into this specific issue. We will let you know what we find and the next steps. We will reach out to you shortly.
    Thanks

xxmohammadmbbmxx likes this.
  16. Nabeel_Kamboh

Nabeel_Kamboh

Unity Technologies

Hello, it seems like you switched to sdk version 4 and this new version requires you to call load before show
    Please refer to the integration guide https://docs.unity.com/ads/ImplementingBasicAdsUnity.html
    Can you try to add the load block to your code and let us know if it works.
    thanks