Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Unity Ads and iOS App Tracking Transparency issue - app got rejected

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by ffdev78, Nov 20, 2023.

1. ffdev78

ffdev78

I've submitted a game that contains Unity Ads on the iOS App Store and implemented the App Tracking Transparency permission alert. The app was rejected because of this:

Guideline 5.1.1 - Legal - Privacy - Data Collection and Storage

We noticed you collect data to track after the user selects "Ask App Not to Track" on the App Tracking Transparency permission request.

Specifically, we noticed your app accesses web content you own and collects cookies for tracking after the user asked you not to track them.

Next Steps:

To resolve this issue, please revise your app so that you do not collect data for tracking purposes if the user does not give permission for tracking.

Alternatively, if you do not collect cookies for tracking purposes, revise the cookie prompts that appear in your app to clarify you do not track users.

They attached a screenshot where Unity Ads asks for cookie collection.

How do I fix this issue, since I can't edit the cookie prompts in the game?

Attached Files:

2. SamOYUnity3D

SamOYUnity3D

Unity Technologies

You can try the workaround here: https://forum.unity.com/threads/app...violates-att-guidelines.1103065/#post-7101592

3. ffdev78

ffdev78

Issue solved, I just wrote the Apple reviewer that ATT cannot take control over the Unity cookies alert, but people are still able to set their choices through the Unity Ads setting panel, and after a while, they approved my game without me having to perform any change (thank God) :)

4. ffdev78

ffdev78

------------

UPDATE:

Issue solved, I just wrote the reviewer that ATT cannot take control over the Unity cookies alert, but people are still able to set their choices through the Unity Ads setting panel, and after a while they approved my game without me having to perform any change (thank God) :)

SamOYUnity3D likes this.