Search Unity

Unity Ads and Google Ads partnership

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by Antony-Blackett, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Antony-Blackett

Antony-Blackett

2. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Antony-Blackett likes this.
  3. Antony-Blackett

Antony-Blackett

Omg... No ad mediation plugins, it's the future!

4. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Correct, that is our plan to make it easier for publishers to integrate Ads into games. As I understand other ad networks are working on similar plans, so yes, it's correct to say this is the future.

We do hope this will make life a bit easier for game developers, help you to focus on developing games, rather than integrating mediation SDKs :)

/Rasmus

5. mbhagat

mbhagat

One query.
    Unity ads have video kind of ads only and admob have static ads almost time so how it will work out ?
    Will unity ad only request video ads from admob and does not show static ads?

6. Shayke

Shayke

So when it is going to change? Should i change something in my games in the future?

7. alex1st1

alex1st1

Hey out there!
    Is this integration with Google alive?

8. kyle-unity

kyle-unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @alex1st1

Yes, this integration is alive and well. You can install the Unity Ads SDK and your application will also be served ads from the Google Ads inventory without any further action needed.

9. alex1st1

alex1st1

What is the minimum sdk version for it?
    is com.unity.ads 3.0.3 from package manager ok?
    if I use rewarded and non-rewarded video what would be shown from Google?
    Will unity ad only request video ads from admob and does not show static ads?

10. kyle-unity

kyle-unity

Unity Technologies

The type of ads shown is independent from the SDK version. 3.0.3 should be totally fine, but I'd recommend you update to a more recent version to take advantage of bug fixes, optimizations, etc.

There is no difference in the types of videos chosen for rewarded vs non-rewarded ads. You will get ads from Unity as well as ads from Google and other sources for both.

The format of ad depends on the type of placement when you set up the integration. For example, a video placement will always receive video ads, regardless of which inventory the ad is pulled from.

11. alex1st1

alex1st1

Regarding version - the truth is that ads version above 3.0.3 is not working for me - I have Case 1206753 open in fogbugz in December and still no response

12. kyle-unity

kyle-unity

Unity Technologies

@alex1st1 Sorry to hear the up to date SDK isn't working for you. Do you have the details of the error you get when trying to integrate it? I'd be happy to help you figure it out.

13. alex1st1

alex1st1

I'm just getting game crash on mobile.
    I see that Case 1206753 open in fogbugz has an update from unity side on Jan 15th - they say they successfully reproduced the issue and sent in to devs to fix