Search Unity

Unity Ads and Admob Question

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by HoHStudios, Jan 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HoHStudios

HoHStudios

I was reading around and I saw some posts talking about the recent partnership with admob (https://venturebeat.com/2018/08/02/google-and-unity-partner-to-boost-mobile-game-advertising/) and unity ads and I have some questions surrounding the topic. Hope someone can help!

From what i understand, the Unity Ads service will now be showing some Google Admob ads too, right?

My goal was to use Admob and google's smart mediation adapter to specifically use the AdSense and the Unity Ads network together. This sounds like Unity Ads is already doing that now. If this is all true, is there any reason to even use smart mediation given the fact that I was only planning on using AdSense and Unity Ads in the first place? Perhaps some sort of CPM optimization or is that all handled now under Unity Ads?

Thanks for any help and sorry if I seem so uninformed. Appreciate any advice you can give for someone in my position.

2. farazk86

farazk86

This makes it look like it will be a service available to us from the Unity editor, just like the one we have for Unity ads. I dont think its implemented in 2018.3, maybe in the future releases.

But it would still be great to get some official response from Unity staff on this

3. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

You can read our announcement here:
    https://blogs.unity3d.com/2018/08/07/unity-releases-google-advertising-for-developers/

Google Ads will be added to our Unified Auction, so no additional configuration is needed. If you've integrated Unity Ads into your game, then they you may already be showing Google Ads.

There is a Unite 2017 presentation that went over the benefits of Unified Auction.

4. CharlesuC

CharlesuC

Would you say it's then pointless to Use Google Ads SDK and Unity ADS, and I could just implement unity ads? I've been out of the game for a while and now I'm back and in ad integration phase. Not sure what's standard now.

sean244 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.