Search Unity

Unity Ads Advertisement Not Ready Problem

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by Thaxxel, Aug 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaxxel

Thaxxel

Hello Everyone!

I found that my Advertisment.IsReady() is always returning false, thus my advertisements are not able to play.

The Advertisements.Initialized is check and returns true, as well as Advertisements.Supported.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? It was working fine before, but recently just stopped working.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  2. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

3. Thaxxel

Thaxxel

Hello,

What I meant by stopped working was basically the isReady function started returning false on isReady quite often.
    That definitely makes a lot of sense, but I don't think I had ever quite hit 25 ads and it stopped working. However, I do filter out to make sure the only ads that play are E for Everyone. Which would explain why it seems like it starts working again every now and then.
    However, while watching a friend play he did get the same ad a couple times within the same hour. Are there exceptions to that rule sometimes? Or maybe it was all in my head. Regardless, that is probably what I am experiencing. Thank you so much for your help :)

4. GameDBharat

GameDBharat

i have had same issue . once ads appear there after Advertisement.IsReady() shows false . plz can anyone help me with this.

5. VavilichevGD

VavilichevGD

Whyyyyy is there no answer??

6. iileychen

iileychen

I got same issue. Some players just can not get isReady returning true for days(their networks is ok). But other players are fine, it is very strange.

7. sidangusf

sidangusf

Go to Windows -> package manager -> ads, then select the latest version of it and then update.
    Go to the asset store and import the "Unity monetization" by Unity Technology
    For the script, in the start method, you need to initialize your game ID for the platform you want (Android/Ios).

using System.Collections;
    using System.Collections.Generic;
    using UnityEngine;
    using UnityEngine.Advertisements; //include ads lib

public class AdManager : MonoBehaviour
    {
    // Start is called before the first frame update
    void Start()
    {
    Advertisement.Initialize("123456", true); //this is Android/Ios gameID example. "true" is in the test mode, need to change it if it is not in a test mode
    }

// Click a button to show ads
    public void showAd()
    {
    if(Advertisement.IsReady("gameAd")) //gameAd is the placement name.
    Advertisement.Show("gameAd");
    else //for debugging purposes, should remove this else
    Debug.Log("Ad is not ready");
    }
    }

8. krisventure

krisventure

@sidangusf It sounds like you're saying we should install both ads from package manager and Unity Monetization from Asset Store. But the description of Unity Monetization explicitly says "Most importantly, you should not install using both the Asset Store and Package Manager as it can cause errors."

With that said, I'm facing the same problem. Ad not ready in test mode. It was fine until now.

9. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

Can you create a new forum thread and provide as much detail as possible, specifically which version of the Ads SDK you're using, your Unity version, and an example of your ad integration.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.