Search Unity

Bug unity-ads 4.0.1 Your app includes non-compliant SDK version - Unity Ads on google playconsole

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by lostplesed, Dec 23, 2022.

1. lostplesed

lostplesed

"During review, we found that your app XXX (App Bundle Version: 3, Track: Production) is using a non-compliant version of Unity Ads SDK or an SDK that one of your libraries depends on, which collects personal or sensitive data. Persistent device identifiers may not be linked to other personal and sensitive user data or resettable device identifiers as described in the User Data policy.

This SDK version violates the User Data and Device & Network Abuse policy. You may consider moving to another SDK; removing this SDK; or if available from your SDK provider, upgrading to a policy-compliant version of this SDK that does not include the violating code.
    According to the information provided by your SDK provider Unity Ads SDK, you may consider upgrading to their version 4.0.1 which they have recommended for use. Google is not endorsing or recommending any third party software. Please consult the SDK provider for further information."

The version of Unity I am using is 2019.4.26f1. I have completely removed the unityads library from my app. However, the Google backend still reports this error. Do I need to upgrade the engine to solve this problem? Is the unityads library built-in to the Unity engine? Which version do I need to upgrade to in order to avoid this problem? I have been troubled by this problem for a while and hope that the official developers can give me timely help.thanks!

unity_s78c05bh8z likes this.
  2. aylin_unity3d

aylin_unity3d

Unity Technologies

Hi @lostplesed You need to update unityads sdk 4.0.1 or the upper version to comply with google's new policy. If you have already updated the unityads SDK version or removed it from the latest app, you should check both the production track and non-production track(Internal / Closed / Open testing) version on the google play console to see if those versions have unityads SDK lower than 4.0.1. Please deactivate those versions.

3. wheel_wang

wheel_wang

How you explain game never use Unity ADs still got this warning?

DucaDiMonteSberna likes this.
  4. Yasuyuki

Yasuyuki

Unity Technologies

We don't have the right answer to some specific cases, but I recommend reaching out to Google to confirm which binary contains the code in question.

5. Fortunecode69

Fortunecode69

Same issue with me. Need help!
    I used Unity 2021.3.2 Chinese version. Whatever I update Unity Ads 4.4.1. or removed Unity Ads. Google play review rejected with the same reason. What can I do? Thanks.

6. Yasuyuki

Yasuyuki

Unity Technologies

Please make sure your project doesn't contain old SDK, and check the production/testing truck in Play Console to see if those apks don't have Unity Ads SDK lower than 4.0.1.
    For further assistance, please reach out to Google directly.

7. Fortunecode69

Fortunecode69

Yes, I removed Unity ads sdk, but Google still think some unity skd code inside. and ask me reach unity technologies. Is anything I can do to completely removed unity ads sdk? Thanks

8. Fortunecode69

Fortunecode69

Thank you for your response.

We understand that you have submitted an update to your app. However, please note that your app (App Bundle Version: 22, Track: Production) is still in violation of the User Data policy as we found that your app is still using a non-compliant version of the Unity Ads SDK.

To resolve this issue, kindly upgrade the SDK version to the compliant version of 4.0.1 or remove this SDK fully from your app. We highly recommend you to consult with the SDK provider for further clarification on the removal or upgrade of the SDK version.

Please also make sure to DEACTIVATE the non-compliant version (App Bundle Version: 22, Track: Production) and increment the version code of APK before resubmitting your app. All active APKs (including Alpha, Beta, production, and internal testing) of your app must be compliant with our policy.

Thanks for your understanding and continued support.

9. Yasuyuki

Yasuyuki

Unity Technologies

If you implemented Unity Ads via Package Manager, please check your package.json.
    If you use a mediation tool(LevelPlay, AdMob, MAX etc) to implement ad networks, check your gradle files.

Besides that, check your Plugins folder under (project root)/Assets. Also, would be worth checking to export Android project to see if Unity Ads SDK contains.

10. SamOYUnity3D

SamOYUnity3D

Unity Technologies

For users who encounter this problem with the Chinese Editor version, please update to the version of the editor released after October 26, 2022, or use the global version of the editor.

11. coldev2

coldev2

playstore com.unity3d.ads:unity-ads error:

1. remove old play-services-ads .aar files
    in Assets\Plugins\Android folder to evitate duplicate errors

2. copy in Assets\Plugins\Android folder the following .aar files
    https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/com.google.android.gms/play-services-ads
    play-services-ads-22.2.0.aar

https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/unity-ads-android/releases
    unity-ads.aar

3. build your apk

:)

more information:
    https://developers.google.com/ad-manager/mobile-ads-sdk/android/mediation/unity

12. saadzridi25

saadzridi25

any video action to show how to do so? cause am getting errors related to GUID's when i do that

13. ngoansc

ngoansc

hi, I have same probelm. Any other solution to fix it?

14. TheGameLearner

TheGameLearner

I had google Mediation tool files left in grade after I deleted all Packages related to ads.
    I ran the google resolver and I had the checkboxes active to create gradleTemplate and mainTemplate.

After resolving again, mainTemplate no longer has mediation or ads

15. Pnvanol

Pnvanol

I deleted advertisement package, services, etc... And I'm still getting this from Google after submitting. Why?
    • SDK: Unity com.unity3d.ads:unity-ads (consider upgrading to version 4.0.1)

Android272 likes this.
  16. Pnvanol

Pnvanol

It's impossible to deactivate until you provide a new update

17. Pnvanol

Pnvanol

Nevermind, I solved it by uninstalling every ads package on the package manager and some unityads files that were lurking around. App has been accepted at last!

18. DucaDiMonteSberna

DucaDiMonteSberna

I still have this problem despite advertisement being in version 4.4.2. I'm on unity 2022.3.12f

19. Tommy1977

Tommy1977

I have same problem. Can any send a video of solution?

20. Koushik12

Koushik12

I have same Issues.

21. kartheekteja

kartheekteja

Updated the advertisement package to 4.4.2 version, still app has been rejected, and still showing,
    need help to solve this issue , i am using 2021.3.5 version

Screenshot (65).png

Screenshot (64).png

22. kartheekteja

kartheekteja

update, i resolved the issues by following these steps

1. Updated the advertisement package to 4.4.2 version
    2. Updated policy status by referring https://docs.unity.com/ads/en-us/manual/GoogleDataSafety
    3. Need to create new release with policy-compliant version(13) in every track which had issues(in my case versioncode 4 open testing and 12 in production)
    4. in pulishing overview -> send changes to review.

by following these steps i managed to have unity ads in my game

23. Antony-Blackett

Antony-Blackett

Double check you don't have an old apk or aab active on your test tracks in the Google Play Console.

The easiest way to know is to carefully read the email they send.
    looks for: Version code x

This is listing the version of your apk/aab that is at fault.

Open Google Play Console
    Navigate to the App Bundle Explorer
    Filter by 'active' status.
    Screen Shot 2024-01-17 at 7.44.19 AM.png

If there are app versions in here you don't want, find out what release track they are on by inspecting that app version.

Screen Shot 2024-01-17 at 7.44.34 AM.png

Open the release track, create a new release using an existing aab or new aab upload.
    release and make sure you set the rollout to 100%

Check the App Bundle Explorer again and verify the infringing app version(s) are 'Inactive'

cephalo2 likes this.
  24. cephalo2

cephalo2

So, my app was removed because I couldn't update in time, and now the email complaining about my new version seems to be complaining about my old version. I'm so confused. my email says:
    • Version code 5:
    • Version code 31:
    version 31 was my old version that was removed from the store. My latest version is 32, which triggered this email. I think google's automatic review system is broken.

I have no idea why version 5 is still active. Is that the 32 bit variety? I thought the old ones were deactivated once you replace them.

EDIT: following anthony-blacketts instructions sorted me out. I did not complete the submission of my latest version, and indeed I had some old unused tracks.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2024
    Antony-Blackett likes this.