Search Unity

Unity Ads 2.0.8 ignoring testMode.

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by WolvBoar, Jul 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WolvBoar

WolvBoar

Hello I have a problem with Unity Ads 2.0.8/Unity 2017.4.29f1. When I'm using Advertisement.Initialize(id, true), true is ignored and Advertisement.testMode is returning false. If I force test ads from unity dashboard Advertisement.testMode is still returning false but ads are actually in "test mode". The only reliable way to have full control over it and expect stable results is by using testMode checkbox inside of unity and building a new apk. Then depending on selection Advertisement.testMode is returning correct results and ads are working as expected.

Is this a bug or am I missing something?
    It seems like Advertisement.Initialize(id, testMode) is not working properly.
    It seems like changing value in unity dashboard to force test ads is working but Advertisement.testMode is returning false anyway.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
  2. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies

@WolvBoar

It sounds like there might be two different Game IDs at play here.

If you integrate with the Services window, then Advertisements is automatically initialized with the Game ID you have set up for your project. If this is a different game ID, that might explain the behavior you're seeing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.