Search Unity

Unity Addressable's Issue with Android Platform (Outputs a pink object)

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by unity_fWN0bIHMPW3fkw, Mar 1, 2019.

1. unity_fWN0bIHMPW3fkw

unity_fWN0bIHMPW3fkw

We're currently using version 0.5.3 and are running into an issue where shaders are not correctly pre-loaded on Android.

We're able to load a prefab that contains a sprite renderer/material/something using a shader on iOS, but on Android the shader reference seems to be lost and the object is pink. We've attached an example project (settings are the same for both iOS and Android) to try.

It seems like xxTheStuFactorxx ran into the same issue here (https://forum.unity.com/threads/addressables-are-here.536304/page-6) but his solution of a custom shader hasn't worked for us. Any workarounds or help with this would be greatly appreciated!!!

Side Notes:

1) We tried printing the shader name of the object with a pink color and we got "Hidden/InternalErrorShader", which probably means the Shader reference was invalid/broken. This only happens when the game runs inside the Android device.

2) LoadScene seems to work just fine regardless of the target platform, but changing everything to LoadScene doesn't work for us, since we're also loading images at runtime, so we really need LoadAsset to work properly.

Test Project URL: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EmmFQSOQ7XuFKhsYuRsR8x0VJUjAOH7k/view?usp=sharing

2. unity_fWN0bIHMPW3fkw

unity_fWN0bIHMPW3fkw

Just an update, we decide to downgrade the addressable's version to 0.4.8 in order to avoid the said problem. Hope this info will help others as well.

Dunk86 and CharBodman like this.
  3. stevencoull

stevencoull

Having the same issue here!

CharBodman likes this.
  4. CharBodman

CharBodman

Having this issue as well.

stevencoull likes this.
  5. Dunk86

Dunk86

Wow, I tried changing configs to no end, assuming this was my fault. I'll try downgrading to 0.4.8 when I get time to try again.

6. MNNoxMortem

MNNoxMortem

@Dunk86 try updating to 0.6.6 which just was released :)

jchoi-ludia likes this.
  7. jchoi-ludia

jchoi-ludia

Great, I had the same issue, but after update 0.6.6., it's solved.

MNNoxMortem likes this.