Search Unity

Unity Adding 'Extra' Rotation in Animations

Discussion in 'Animation' started by Culrich, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Culrich

Culrich

Hey all, I keep having this weird issue with Unity adding some extra information when it imports from Maya. I'm not really sure how to describe it but I do have some pictures. The only thing that gets me is that I fixed it once but can't seem to remember what I did. Hopefully it's some setting I missed. It's only for a frame but it's enough that you see a twitch in play.

Edit 1: I figured out what was causing the issue. It looks like Unity doesn't like major shifts in the animation curves when being imported. I cut those off and it worked fine after that. It just doesn't make sense since the high value curve change doesn't happen until after this animation finishes.

Is there some setting that makes Unity look forward a few frames or something?

Edit 2:

Just throwing this in here to show what I'm talking about. There's this large change in value that takes over in one frame to another. Once I hacked off those end frames, it was fine. Hopefully if someone else is having a somewhat similar issue, they can find this.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015