Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Account Management

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by John1379, May 23, 2022.

1. John1379

John1379

Hello,

I am a solo developer and developing a game for commercial purposes. My income/revenue/funding is under $100K. I am developing the game for PC and
    consoles (in case it makes any difference on the answers of the questions). I have a couple of questions and I will be happy if you can answer them.

• Should I create an account with company email and use this company account for development or should I just use my personal account for development with Unity Game Engine?
    • If I just use my personal account for development, does that cause any problems when I publish the game in the future?
    • Another question is can I use the assets I bought from Unity Asset Store on another account of mine for development (for example my company account)?
    • How do game studios manage their Unity accounts? Do they have only 1 account with their company email and company name and all of their employees use that account, or do they create individual accounts for their employees?

Looking forward for your answers.

Best regards.

2. karliss_coldwild

karliss_coldwild

> How do game studios manage their Unity accounts? Do they have only 1 account with their company email and company name and all of their employees use that account, or do they create individual accounts for their employees

You might be interested in reading https://docs.unity.com/ugs-overview/unity-organizations.html . Basic idea that there is organization account, and each developer has their own account (typically created using their developer-x@organization.aa e-mail). The organization owner can assign and remove license seats for Unity Editor and assets to the accounts within organization.

3. John1379

John1379

Thank you it was really helpful. That answers my 3rd and 4th question. Do you have any recommendations regarding 1st and 2nd questions?

4. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

The best way to answer these questions is to contact unity support, as this is a community forum. No answers you get here can be taken as 100% correct when asking about TOS of unity licenses (unless answered by a unity staff member, but again this is a general community forum so chances of that are low), so best to just ask unity themselves in an email.

5. John1379

John1379

You can contact them by submitting a ticket from this link https://support.unity.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=65905 and I did that before creating a post here. But in that link you can see "We are currently seeing response times of up to 19 days". So creating a post here might be the only option we have :D

6. John1379

John1379

Would love to hear if anybody else have any other suggestions on this topic.