Search Unity

Unity Accelerator - The same file generates different key values on different machines.

Discussion in 'Unity Accelerator' started by highmiao, May 10, 2021.

1. highmiao

highmiao

I tried deploying Accelerator on the server to speed up the import of files.
    I tested one image on several machines and I got the following results.

upload_2021-5-10_21-50-37.png upload_2021-5-10_21-51-0.png
    I'm trying to make sense of it, but I don't know if I understand it right.
    When I imported the image on machine A, there was no cache on the cache server, so Unity uploaded the metadata and artifact.
    Then I uploaded the image and its meta file to SVN, and I will download the image and its meta file from other machines and import it into Unity.
    When I imported the image from SVN on machine B, Unity checked the cache server and, good enough, it found it and downloaded the cached results.
    The problem started when I imported the images from SVN on machine C, Unity checked the cache server and found records with the same key, but it still reconverted the image and uploaded the metadata and artifact.
    I looked closely at the logs and found that the key of the converted artifact was different from the key of the cached artifact, which I assumed might be the reason why Machine C stubbornly reconverted the image and uploaded it.
    When I imported images from SVN on machine D, the problem became mind-numbingly different, and this time not only Artifact key were different, but Metadata key were different.
    I don't know why these machines generate metaData and artifact with different key when converting the same asset, and I wish someone could tell me why.
    My guess is that these keys are generated by Unity, not by Accelerator.So, what are the factors that affect the key's value?

Attached Files:

unityunity