Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity accelerator seen as PDM:Trojan.Win32.Generic

Discussion in 'Unity Accelerator' started by Vascoptorres, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Vascoptorres

Vascoptorres

As the title says, Kaspersky detects:

C:\Users\*\AppData\Local\Programs\unity-accelerator-app\extrafiles\unity-accelerator.exe as a trojan.

Has this happened with someone else?

2. Wrakyz

Wrakyz

It happened to me also after building my project and tried to test it, what I noticed is that Kaspersky Antivirus only detecting the trojan if I only imported (GKC 3.03-2 Action Systems Animations Package.unitypackage) into the project...So any other project not included (GKC 3.03-2 Action Systems Animations Package.unitypackage) the antivirus will not detect any trojan and will not delete the project's build... If I build any scene and/or any project with just pure Game Kit Controller without (GKC 3.03-2 Action Systems Animations Package.unitypackage) again no issue and the antivirus will not interfere or give warning at all.. Checkout the attached image..

Note: ( I scanned all the files by the antivirus and checked every file but I didn't see any suspected file )

Anyway I'm still trying ti find out why it happened... have a nice day!

Attached Files:

3. Wrakyz

Wrakyz

EDIT.....
    After many tests and researches I discovered that the issue is in the save system in GKC, not in the Mixamo (Animation package) - (GKC 3.03-2 Action Systems Animations Package.unitypackage)..

In short, When GKC asset started to save the gameplay, inside the folder eg, (C:\Users\me\AppData\LocalLow\DefaultCompany\GKC2082022P00\Save) The antivirus immediately will terminate the game process and delete the .exe file..

By the way, if I build (Home Menu scene, Armor Cloth System Scene & Loading Screen Scene) there's no problem with the antivirus program, but with any other GKC Scene the antivirus will interfere and delete the .exe build file.

In fact I don't understand why but I'm still trying to find a way out with exact reason as much as I can.

4. Wrakyz

Wrakyz

UPDATE....
    FINALLY THE ISSUE SOLVED, THANKS GOD.
    Before building the project, Go to the main menu in Unity -> Game Kit Controller-> and click on (Delete Save Files). That's it.
    Check the attached image bellow.

5. Wrakyz

Wrakyz