Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity accelerator seen as PDM:Trojan.Win32.Generic

Discussion in 'Unity Accelerator' started by Vascoptorres, Jan 12, 2022.

1. Vascoptorres

Vascoptorres

As the title says, Kaspersky detects:

C:\Users\*\AppData\Local\Programs\unity-accelerator-app\extrafiles\unity-accelerator.exe as a trojan.

Has this happened with someone else?

2. Wrakyz

Wrakyz

It happened to me also after building my project and tried to test it, what I noticed is that Kaspersky Antivirus only detecting the trojan if I only imported (GKC 3.03-2 Action Systems Animations Package.unitypackage) into the project...So any other project not included (GKC 3.03-2 Action Systems Animations Package.unitypackage) the antivirus will not detect any trojan and will not delete the project's build... If I build any scene and/or any project with just pure Game Kit Controller without (GKC 3.03-2 Action Systems Animations Package.unitypackage) again no issue and the antivirus will not interfere or give warning at all.. Checkout the attached image..

Note: ( I scanned all the files by the antivirus and checked every file but I didn't see any suspected file )

Anyway I'm still trying ti find out why it happened... have a nice day!

Attached Files:

3. Wrakyz

Wrakyz

EDIT.....
    After many tests and researches I discovered that the issue is in the save system in GKC, not in the Mixamo (Animation package) - (GKC 3.03-2 Action Systems Animations Package.unitypackage)..

In short, When GKC asset started to save the gameplay, inside the folder eg, (C:\Users\me\AppData\LocalLow\DefaultCompany\GKC2082022P00\Save) The antivirus immediately will terminate the game process and delete the .exe file..

By the way, if I build (Home Menu scene, Armor Cloth System Scene & Loading Screen Scene) there's no problem with the antivirus program, but with any other GKC Scene the antivirus will interfere and delete the .exe build file.

In fact I don't understand why but I'm still trying to find a way out with exact reason as much as I can.

4. Wrakyz

Wrakyz

UPDATE....
    FINALLY THE ISSUE SOLVED, THANKS GOD.
    Before building the project, Go to the main menu in Unity -> Game Kit Controller-> and click on (Delete Save Files). That's it.
    Check the attached image bellow.

5. Wrakyz

Wrakyz