Search Unity

Unity Accelerator not transferring data on Ubuntu 18.04: cannot open bbolt database

Discussion in 'Unity Accelerator' started by sorin-janosi-omnidrone, May 21, 2021.

1. sorin-janosi-omnidrone

sorin-janosi-omnidrone

Hello,

I am setting up Unity Accelerator on Ubuntu 18.04.
    The service is starting, and the dashboard can be accessed, however, no data transfer can be made, and the logs show an error over and over again:

{"level":"error","ts":"2021-05-21T07:41:57Z","msg":"tool wrun exited","error":"wrun execute returned errors: [cannot open bbolt database: timeout]","errs":"[cannot open bbolt database: timeout]"}

Since I could not find any documentation on this, I've tried installing the go bbolt database and and it to the PATH variable, and restart unity accelerator, but it did not solve the issue.

Can you please help?

Thank you!
    Sorin Janosi

2. gregoryh_unity

gregoryh_unity

Unity Technologies

Usually this happens because the accelerator is trying to run more than once; the "timeout" part is that bbolt uses file locking and obtaining the file lock is timing out. It could also be a permissions issue; you can double check those for the path `<acceldir>/cachedb/bbolt.db` -- I usually just run `file <path>` as the user the service runs as to double check.

Bbolt itself is an internal-to-an-app database, meaning it's a simplifying database that needs no distinct server, it can be compiled right into the accelerator itself.

If you have nothing cached yet, or don't care about losing what is cached since it's not running properly anyway, you can try the following:

* Shutdown all instances of unity-accelerator running. First `systemctl stop unity-accelerator` and then `ps aux | grep unity-accelerator` and `kill` away.
    * Remove the entire `<acceldir>/cachedb` and `<acceldir>/cachedbpending` directories.
    * Start the service back up with `systemctl restart unity-accelerator`

Hopefully that clears things up. If not, I would next recommend uninstalling and reinstalling.

3. sorin-janosi-omnidrone

sorin-janosi-omnidrone

Thank you Gregory! this solved my issue. I appreciate the help!

4. cdr9042

cdr9042

I ran into the same issue on Window. How do I fix this on Window?

Code (CSharp):
    1. 2023/05/11 09:19:58 bolt.Close(): funlock error: The segment is already unlocked.
    2. 2023/05/11 09:19:59 bolt.Close(): funlock error: The segment is already unlocked.
    3. Wrun exited with error: wrun execute returned errors: [cannot open bbolt database: timeout]