Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

Unity a Mac?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by amadrias, Oct 17, 2007.

1. amadrias

amadrias

Hi all,

I'm one of those PC owners looking for a reason to get a Mac :D

It happens that I also need a laptop so I may go for a Macbook Pro (just to get the 8600 nvidia card).

So my question is quite simple: does Otee has any partnership with Apple to get a bundle Macbook pro with Unity?

Thanks,

Amadrias

2. DaveyJJ

DaveyJJ

Good question. I'm sure one of the UT guys will chime in soon but at present, I don't think so. But a really good idea. As an aside, a MacBook pro 15" with the 256 8600 card is my mobile Unity 2 dev platform ... and it ROCKS!!! You will love it.

3. kaaJ

kaaJ

I second that! :)

kaaJ - Dirk

4. NicholasFrancis

NicholasFrancis

Nope.. I think we're still a bit small to be on Apple's radar when it comes to HW sales...

5. Raptor5399

Raptor5399

From what Ive heard talking to others in markets that fostered Mac sales, Apple doesn't give a damn. That may have changed nowadays... but last I heard you either need one or you dont and apple doesnt care.

CEH

6. David-Helgason

David-Helgason

Unity Technologies

Just out of curiosity we looked at being a reseller at some point. Apart from the fact that it was a major hassle to set up, we also decided that supporting Unity was enough: we really don't want to take 24/7 support calls about people's computers breaking down :)

d.

7. amadrias

amadrias

What?!!!! :eek:

Macs do break down?!!!! :eek:

I thought it was a PC thing! :D

Ok, then I think I'll have to get both separately.

Thanks anyway for the response.