Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Unity 6 Beta with Memory Profiler

Discussion in 'Unity 6 Beta' started by maximiliananzinger, Apr 10, 2024.

1. maximiliananzinger

maximiliananzinger

Has anyone tried and successfully opened the Memory Profiler (Version 1.1.0 or 1.0.0) within the Unity 6 Beta Version (0b10-0b13)?
    Every time I try to open it, it is stuck at "Taking capture..." with the editor log stopping at "MemoryCapture: Managed Heaps: 460ms"
    My Games project files are only around 1gb large and the game itself normally has a memory footprint of around 200-400mb.

2. MartinTilo

MartinTilo

Unity Technologies

Hello,
    There is no known issue about the Memory Profiler not working with Unity 6 and I can't reproduce the issue locally using the URP Sample demo on Win 11. I've tried capturing the Editor as well as a Win 11 Standalone Player using both Mono and IL2CPP.

So there must be something else at play here. Could you please file a bug report via the Editor Menu
    Help > Report A Bug
    with a repro project so we can look at this?

3. maximiliananzinger

maximiliananzinger

Hey Martin,

Thank you for the response, I just checked a blank project, and you are correct, the memory profiler works indeed.
    Opening my current project in the latest LTS release and capturing a snapshot also works. However, it does not on the current version of the beta.
    This workaround is sufficient at the moment, but I'll get back to you / report a bug if I am unable to figure out what the problem with my project is / if the error persists.