Search Unity

Unity 5 with Oculus Runtime 0.8 crashing at runtime

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by dkdv, Dec 10, 2015.

1. dkdv

dkdv

Hi there,

I have a problem that I have the hardest time fixing. Unity is crashing when I am running with the NVidia graphic processor and the DK2 is plugged as soon as I enter in playmode.

I definitely have to run my project with NVidia because I loose too much performances if I don't.
    I tried with Oculus runtime 0.7 and 0.8 with the same result.
    Tried with the lastest NVidia driver 359.06 and the 344.75
    Tried with a whole new Unity project with the same result.
    Can't play with DK2 plugged and Nvidia. Only integrated graphics... which is far from enough (15fps). The project run around 65fps with NVidia when DK2 is unplugged.

I just know it was working fine before with the same config but Oculus Runtime 0.6 and the precedent version of the OVR Unity utilities...
    I am running on windows 8.1 64bits Intel Core i5, 16Go of RAM...

Any of you have any tips?
    Thank you,
    Greg

2. dkdv

dkdv

The crashing happen when "Virtual Reality Supported" is checked on. Which is forced by OVRMoonlightLoader.
    But disabling it doesn't solve the problem because it disable the headset of course

3. mgear

mgear

Oculus doesnt support laptops..and had quite big changes in 0.7, 0.8..

Which unity version and which graphics card you have?

4. dkdv

dkdv

I have version 5.2.1 and NVIDIA Geforce GTX 860M. I know I am slightly under the recommended spec. But every other app is working well... It is really when developing under Unity that it is crashing. I am thinking about downgrading to runtime 0.6 and going back to 0.8 at the very end...