Search Unity

Unity 5 WheelCollider Jitter/Vibration

Discussion in 'Physics' started by gbabichev1, May 17, 2015.

1. gbabichev1

gbabichev1

Hi all, I followed this PDF guide to create a simple car in Unity 5:

http://unity3d.com/profiles/unity3d/themes/unity/resources/downloads/beta/unity-5.0-user-guide.pdf

My problem is, at slow speeds, there is a lot of jitter and vibrations coming from the car. I can post a video if it is necessary.

I have tried playing around with the weights, and the suspension settings, but I still get the same problem.

Has anybody dealt with this already? Is there something simple that I am missing to fix this problem.

I had similar cars in Unity 4, but I understand the entire wheelcollider is basically different in Unity 5.

2. cl9-2

cl9-2

3. gbabichev1

gbabichev1

Thank you. I will look into this. Although when reading the page this says it mostly apply to vehicles that are heavy? My car is only 1000kg.

I have posted a video showing what the problem I am having is:

4. Edy

Edy

Oh, that's caused by the settings around rigidbody.interpolate and the camera script. Try enabling rigidbody.interpolate and/or using a different camera follow script. The camera script should be able to use the smoothed coordinates of the target.

smatthews1999 likes this.
  5. gbabichev1

gbabichev1

Ah man. You are so right.... Now I remember checking this box in my Unity 4 project as well!

Everything is working great now!

Edy likes this.