Search Unity

[Unity 5] Standard Shader Issue (Android).

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by Jason-Nash, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Jason-Nash

Jason-Nash

Hello Guys!

I have an issue with Unity's Standard Shader on Android.
    For example, here i have a slightly scaled up mesh with the standard shader applied to it, and it's looks fine
    in Editor, but when i run the scene on an android device the mesh appears extremely bright for an unknown reason. I think it has something to do with the angle of the triangles.

I've tried to play with "Metallic" and "Smoothness" values and Lighting settings, but none of that seemed to fix the issue.

But when i remove the custom cubemap from Reflection Source in Lighting Settings, the brightness disappears but the mesh becomes dark because of no reflections.

Has anyone ran into this issue before?

My Unity Version is 5.2.0f3 .
    My Device is Sony Xperia Z2 runnig on Android 5.1.1

(View in Editor)

(View on Android Device)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  2. zyzyx

zyzyx

There are similar issues here and here.
    I suggest reporting a bug.

Jason-Nash likes this.
  3. MattGen

MattGen

The standard shader just isn't made to run on mobile devices, that's why there is some "Mobile" shaders availlable (Legacy shaders works fine on mobile too). For this purpose I would personnally use a "Mobile/Diffuse specular" shader.

4. zyzyx

zyzyx

Yeah that's true, but that does not explain the issues. The OP should file a bug report anyways and then look for a workaround.

5. Jason-Nash

Jason-Nash

In the update 5.2.1f1, the issue is still present.
    i filed a bug report but it never appeared on the public issue tracker. (bug number 728089).
    i really need the issue to be fixed, it has put my current project on hold.

6. ViniciusColossal

ViniciusColossal

Jason Nash,

I was finding your asset (Elemental - Android Native Plugin) on asset store, but I didn't find it. So I come here to talk with you to know if you can provide your asset. Your asset is amazing and I need it to develop my project.