Search Unity

Unity 5 sqlite3 Dll not found

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by CodingStudios, Mar 25, 2015.

1. CodingStudios

CodingStudios

I have converted a project from 4.6.2f to 5. Everything is working except for sqlite3. No matter what platform I build for or when I run in the editor I get the error "DllNotFoundException: sqlite3.dll".

64bit Editor Settings (64bit_sqlite.PNG)
    64bit_sqlite.PNG

32bit Editor Settings (32bit_sqlite.PNG)
    32bit_sqlite.PNG

Thanks

2. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

Maybe one of the sqlite3.dll dependencies are missing? Also could you copy-paste the full error message, it should say something about GetDllDirectory.

3. CodingStudios

CodingStudios

The full error message is below. This same setup worked fine with 4.6.2 so the dependencies should all be there.

DllNotFoundException: sqlite3.dll
    SqliteDatabase.Open (System.String path) (at Assets/Scripts/Database/SqliteDatabase.cs:79)
    DatabaseController.GetAllNamesPerGroup (System.String groupName) (at Assets/Scripts/Database/DatabaseController.cs:61)
    GameManager.PopulateBlameList () (at Assets/Scripts/GameManager.cs:300)
    GameManager.runTabClicked () (at Assets/Scripts/GameManager.cs:208)
    GameManager.LogoClicked () (at Assets/Scripts/GameManager.cs:88)
    UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke (System.Object[] args) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent.cs:110)
    UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCallList.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent.cs:574)
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent.cs:716)
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent_0.cs:53)
    UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/UI/Core/Button.cs:35)
    UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/UI/Core/Button.cs:44)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/EventSystem/ExecuteEvents.cs:52)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/EventSystem/ExecuteEvents.cs:269)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

4. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

I haven't heard about such problem before, could you create a bug with repro case attached and paste the case number (not the link) here.

5. CodingStudios

CodingStudios

Case 684118

Thanks for your help!

6. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

Not sure what's wrong, but it seems you need to change
    [DllImport("sqlite3.dll")] to [DllImport("sqlite3")]

7. CodingStudios

CodingStudios

That fixed the issue. I was able to test the editor and android. Thank you very much for the help.

8. CodingStudios

CodingStudios

Since upgrading to 5.0.1f1 I now have the DLL not found issue again.

9. CodingStudios

CodingStudios

Patch 5.1.2P3 and on has resolved the issue