Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Unity 5] Scene-View FX (See your Image Effects & Camera settings in your Scene View!)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Quickfingers, Mar 12, 2015.

1. UnityLighting

UnityLighting

I buy for unity 4 version
    doesnt work in unity 4.7

2. Glev

Glev

I buy It but not work for Unity 5.3.5f1.. Will be some update?

3. UnityLighting

UnityLighting

I test it before, works fine. Download it from unity 5.3.5 store.

4. mgmhunt

mgmhunt

Be nice to at minimum have two or more of the Scene FX windows (I have multiple monitors) and be able to have different cameras set to each view.

frbrz likes this.
  5. Lex4art

Lex4art

Test of Scene-View FX under recently released Unity v5.5 - not working:
    SceneViewFX_Unity5.5.png
    (and there no option "Scene-View FX" under "Window" menu).

Recently Unity started supporting displaying some of post-effects ins "Scene" window but this is still limited (not all effects displayed (temporal anti-aliasing for example and some others too)). Please, if it is not hard - continue updating this plug-in for modern Unity versions :).

SEGI for example works in "Scene" view only with your plug-in - be able to edit my level with realtime GI is really nice.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
    frbrz and Alverik like this.
  6. mgmhunt

mgmhunt

create some custom viewpoint in menu bar (ie save this view point), and there's plenty of life in the plugin. Focus on quick navigation around scene. and easy 'through camera, full scene' views etc. maybe combine with somehow isolating objects (ie hide some...??)

7. SteveB

SteveB

Are you saying this Scene-View FX does not work at all, or that currently it only works with SEGI? Funny enough I too only care about SEGI running in the editor view while building. :D

8. Lex4art

Lex4art

Scene-View FX can't be used under 5.5 version of Unity so no SEGI here (.

9. AsaBattle

AsaBattle

Is there a way to get a refund for this asset? As there is no clear warning that this plugin doesn't work with Unity 5.5 in the asset store. Would've been nice to know this before throwing away 10$.

10. tgentry

tgentry

@Quickfingers
    I realize that some fx are suppose to work with 5.4 plus. But it is a hit and miss. Do you think you could fix the profiler error for 5.5 so that we can get this working? I am not programmer and I like buying assets to not have to worry about that kind of thing. I went into the script and commented out the profiler lines to get it to compile, after it compiled I uncommented the lines but now all I have is a menu item and nothing else. I had rather use your script than wait on Unity.

PS yes I bought it today to show you people will still support an asset.

11. Lex4art

Lex4art

12. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

FIXED IT

using UnityEngine.Profiling;

in version 5.5.0b3 Unity developers changed the namespace of the Profiler class as mentioned on the release notes: 'Profiler: Profiler class moved from UnityEngine namespace to UnityEngine.Profiling'. To fix these errors add using UnityEngine.Profiling; to the top of the SceneViewFX class.

http://forum.photonengine.com/discussion/8327/unity-5-5-0b3-gives-errors

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
    Lex4art likes this.
  13. tgentry

tgentry

Thanks Lars works like a charm now.

14. Quickfingers

Quickfingers

Sorry guys, if there is still demand for this, even after Unities native support for image effects in 5.4, I will certainly update for compatibility. I just assumed it would be deprecated, I'll get back on it asap!

Lars-Steenhoff, JLO, Alverik and 2 others like this.
  15. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

yes I love using this tool to quickly switch between post fx on/off and the fact that it can select the camera in a single click is handy. please keep it alive :)

Lex4art likes this.
  16. Dreamcube017

Dreamcube017

Please keep updating it. I'm using the Unity 5.6 beta and even though they SAID you can see post effects in the scene view natively in Unity, you still can't. If it is, it is very well hidden. "For Artists" my ham! If I have to go in some script and enable it, then it's NOT for artists. Your plugin does exactly what it says it does and should work great.

However, for some reason, Scene View FX is not working with the new Post Processing Behavior stack that was released a while ago.

*sigh* That's kind of a shame. Can it only run the legacy image effects? Anyhow, I'd say until Unity makes it extremely clear that you can do it (Still can't find any documentation on even how to enable it natively) I'd say keep your's updated.

17. JLO

JLO

Just bought Scene-View FX. It doesn't seem to work now. Though I fully knew that before I bought it. I just wanted to show my support that there's still interest in this asset and a need for it because Unity still doesn't seem to support image effects natively.

18. Dreamcube017

Dreamcube017

Actually, if you use Unity 5.3, it does work. Possibly 5.4 and maybe 5.5 as well. But not in 5.6 beta and I'm pretty sure that carries over to the main release too.

So yes, PLEASE do update this, because there is still a need for it.

19. JLO

JLO

Interesting, thanks for letting me know. I'm using unity 5.5, and when I open the window menu there's no Scene View FX option to click on. Which is the same problem others on this thread have mentioned.

Hopefully, we do get an update soon, because we still really need this kind of asset.

20. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

To fix these errors add using UnityEngine.Profiling; to the top of the SceneViewFX.cs

21. JLO

JLO

Thanks, its working now. I saw your Fixed It post before, but for what ever reason I completely forgot about it (funny since the thread isn't that long to begin with). Thanks again. I still hope for asset this to be kept alive as it really is a great tool to have .

22. Kekule

Kekule

Fix with adding using UnityEngine.Profiling; doesn't seem to be working when using the new Unity standard - Post processing stack. Anyone tried that too?

23. Crystalline

Crystalline

Yeah,nothing works...Useless. Its nice how the author of this simply ignores it.

24. HeliosDoubleSix

HeliosDoubleSix

Does not work anymore, does not support Post Processing Stack/Behaviour

Edit - Updated to latest unity fixes FX preview in normal Unity scene view as Unity added this functionality themselves, though that only works if the author of the effect has added a special attribute, or you edit the effect to add this

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  25. SpencerS

SpencerS

I seem to be having an issue where it doesn't get the bloom effect? Has anyone else had this issue? It seems like a few effects from my post stack are being left out. Thanks.

26. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

please keep supporting this

27. bitinn

bitinn

While I don't need all of the features. I would certainly kill to have a tool that allow me to adjust scene view FOV.

Scene-View FX is probably the only tool on Asset Store that do this. If possible I want someone to maintain a lite version of it.

(PS: there are available open source code for scene view FOV adjustment but it doesn't fully work with latest Unity, due to lack of GUIClip API, I would love to know how to fix it so I get a FOV tab in scene view)

28. eistrom

eistrom

Is it possible to get a refund. This asset Is not working at all.
    IT says the following on the homepage.
    Supported Unity versions 4.6.1 or higher

I'm on Unity 2017.2

29. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Please email the author for support as he does not seem to look here much

30. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

There is demand, please consider updating the asset!

I know that unity now has support for post fx but there is no easy way to toggle like it was with this asset.
    ( to have a separate window is great )

Walter-Hulsebos likes this.
  31. Meltage

Meltage

I sthis nowadays redundant? I can only view FX in my scene view if I select the particle effect objects in the hierchy, and only then they animate only while selected.

32. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Just change my review to one star because of lack of support.:(

it will go back to five stars when its updated.:cool:

33. sendspace

sendspace

PLZ update for 2018.2 ???