Search Unity

Unity 5 Questions?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by CelticKnight, Mar 4, 2015.

1. CelticKnight

CelticKnight

Hello guys,

Early this morning at around 3:00am I watched the live event on YouTube for Unity 5. Anyway, apart from Unity 5 not supporting hair, and full-support for the Commodore 64 :p, there was some speculation that C# and JavaScript were being dropped in favour of C++, I think that came from one of the speakers talking about WebGL and the use of a "cpp" product (ala C++). So can anyone confirm on deny this? You must remember it was 3:00 am and the web browser stopped working about 10 minutes after the presentation started took a while to get it back.

Also have Unity released any new tutorials for Unity 5, for the new you beaut features, and/or are there any new book about Unity 5 planned?

And have all the legacy features in the 4 point series gone bye-bye? Like the Legacy Animations and the Legacy GUI stuff.

Thanks and Regards.

2. DanielQuick

DanielQuick

You misheard - he was likely talking about IL2CPP. C# and JavaScript are still there.

CelticKnight likes this.
  3. spryx

spryx

CelticKnight likes this.
  4. CelticKnight

CelticKnight

I agree wholeheartedly with that statement about C++ :).

Anyway, any news on whether the legacy stuff has gone bye-bye. I have been using books to help learn Unity and a lot of that stuff has legacy code in it particularly in relation to "Animations".

5. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

The new platform includes IL2CPP. For some platforms your scripts will be converted to C++. Its under the hood, and doesn't mean a lot unless you are a real programming geek.

The dominant scripting language is still C#