Search Unity

unity 5 offline installer

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Nasrinsh, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Nasrinsh

Nasrinsh

hi again every one .
    the problem is right after i stated learning unity the newest version was released . now i don't know if i should download the new version or not . the bigger problem is that i couldn't find any offline installer for it !.
    how much the new version is different with 4.6.1 version ? should i install the new version if so ,how can i install it offline ?
    thank you all .

2. Schneider21

Schneider21

Unity 5 is quite a step up from 4.6, in my opinion. Especially considering with Unity 5, the free version has all the features of the paid version, like the profiler and advanced lighting options.

I'm not sure why you want an offline installer. Downloading a huge installer file or downloading a small installer that downloads for you are more or less the same thing... In any case, the online installer is your only option as far as I'm aware.

3. jhocking

jhocking

The auto-downloader actually downloads an offline installer and then deletes that right after it's done. So if you copy the downloaded file before installation is finished, there now you have the offline installer! Kinda non-obvious but there you go.

(as for "why" I'm assuming it's something like he wants to download the installer on one computer, and then transfer it to other computers on a USB memory stick.)

4. Schneider21

Schneider21

That makes sense, I guess. We take unlimited bandwidth for granted in the US, and that may not be his case.

Good info on finding the install file, @jhocking!

5. Ryiah

Ryiah

6. DVJy

DVJy

reasons for offline installer
    1) I have slow connection. it will take almost 7-8 hours to download all the files needed. plus if there is a power cut in that time period I have to download all of it again. with offline installer I won't have those problems.

2) Online installer doesn't have pause & resume button.

3) I don't have unlimited bandwidth.

4) If the power cut doesn't happen then there is a good chance that online installer gets stuck at some point & don't download anything. I've got it stuck at 82% for past two hours.

5) I get connection problem frequently.

with all those problems I'm trying to download and install Unity for past 20 hours. Still no success.

Dear developers at Unity, what do you think all Unity users are from US only..?? with unlimited bandwidth & great speed..?? Last time I checked Unity was very much prepare to of almost all problems user face.. no matter how minor the were.
    Did you change your CEO ?

kallais likes this.
  7. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

I almost always grab an offline installer when I update. It's downloadable under the additional downloads link on the download page.

Getting the file from the website takes a couple of hours. Transferring to to a USB and walking to another system is quick. Space to store old installers is cheap. Bandwidth is both slow and expensive.

8. Ryiah

Ryiah

Unity's goal is democratization of game development, not trying to solve PEBCAK. They do have offline installers.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2015
    jhocking and Kiwasi like this.
  9. Marconi24

Marconi24

Hi. You may actually download the offline setup file for the latest version (Ver. 5.2.2) here:
    https://unity3d.com/get-unity/download/archive

Just go to that page, choose your operating system and then select the UNITY EDITOR option. It's almost 2GB in size.

JustinMinnaar, dante_ice_hp and Ryiah like this.
  10. jhocking

jhocking

That approach is much more straightforward than what I was doing :p

11. dante_ice_hp

dante_ice_hp

Marconi21 has the right of it after the website update. You can see below that it's now missing offline installers:

unity_MissingDL.png

Once you get to the Unity download archive, you get back your download options for the offline installer. Please note, it does not explicitly state that the installer is offline.

unity2.png

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
    Ryiah likes this.
  12. Ryiah

Ryiah

I noticed they had changed it as well and it does seem to have made it a little more obvious as we seem to have moved past the point of people not being able to find the page to people simply having problems downloading without a manager.

13. sadsack

sadsack

I do not put my game making computer on the net. I need to have a offline installer.

14. sadsack

sadsack

maybe in your world

15. sveilleux1

sveilleux1

The offline installer can be found in the archive section.

Attached Files:

16. Ryiah

Ryiah

Everything except documentation. Hope he enjoys guessing the APIs.

17. Ridwan_Mascode

Ridwan_Mascode

18. Ryiah

Ryiah

Last edited: May 6, 2017
  19. aidinz

aidinz

Thanks I didn't know that. Sadly they are not available for 5.6.1f1 (as of time I'm posting) so here are some of the links for that version:

http://netstorage.unity3d.com/unity/2860b30f0b54/Windows64EditorInstaller/UnitySetup64-5.6.1f1.exe
    http://netstorage.unity3d.com/unity...ySetup-Android-Support-for-Editor-5.6.1f1.exe
    http://netstorage.unity3d.com/unity/2860b30f0b54/MacEditorInstaller/Unity-5.6.1f1.pkg
    http://netstorage.unity3d.com/unity...UnitySetup-iOS-Support-for-Editor-5.6.1f1.pkg

You can find out other files' links with combination of this post and the one before it, just swap "2860b30f0b54".

20. ectarun

ectarun

You can select Torrent from the drop down and download.
    Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 3.58.17 PM.png

21. branzed

branzed

I cant sing in upload_2019-1-6_16-3-9.png

22. CodingwithX

CodingwithX

Can i Get a offline installer in 2021 someone pls tell me