Search Unity

Unity 5 iOS Player Setting: "Behavior in Background: Custom"

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by Traviyaki, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Traviyaki

Traviyaki

I was hoping someone knew how the new "Custom" value for the iOS Player Setting "Behavior in Background" works? All the documentation I see is for the old 4.x settings. I'm hoping this "Custom" feature allows me to override some method to do some processing in C# code while in the background. Any ideas?

ocimum likes this.
  2. mfgage

mfgage

did you get any answers on this? I need to keep the audio playing after lock-screen/screen-dimming for my app. Can't find a way to do this with Unity (it's so easy on iOS).

3. mire

mire

I'm interested in this answer as well. I'm working on an app that needs to track GPS coordinates, and it would be nice if it could work while the app is in the background. Anyone know?

Edit: Just dug this documentation page on the iOS player settings: http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/class-PlayerSettingsiOS.html - the screenshot of the other settings panel shows the "Behavior in Background" field, but in the text it's listed as "Exit on Suspend" and only says it: "Specifies whether the application should quit when suspended to background on iOS versions that support multitasking."

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
    diegoadrada and ocimum like this.
  4. Alexey

Alexey

Unity Technologies

5. Soundguy

Soundguy

I'm trying to know if there's a way to have Unity be called in the background on location change so the game can update the user's location in the server and send them a push notification if the reach somewhere according to some logic. Is that possible?

6. diegoadrada

diegoadrada

I'm needing the same for track GPS coordinates, do you know if is possible with this? Thanks!

7. waqas_haxhmi

waqas_haxhmi

anyone know how to use it ??