Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity 5 importing package breaks all prefabs and scenes

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Rosie-Posie, May 26, 2015.

1. Rosie-Posie

Rosie-Posie

Hey guys,

I'm a little desperate. I'm working on a very rushed contract right now, and we are having issue with importing Unity packages from each other.

I am using unity 5.0.03f, and my colleague is using 5.0.0f1. He is trying to send me Unity Packages that contain scenes and prefabs of building assets that use Algorithmic Substances.

Everything looks fine on his end. But the moment I import the package he created (which is containing all the dependencies necessary for it to work just fine) All my prefabs and scenes (basically everything Unity created) Is Broken. AKA the icon shows up as a white sheet instead of the blue square and I cannot drag a prefab or open a scene. I also cannot see any of my geometry in the inspector.

I tried importing a package form the unity asset store and prefabs looked fine. So its definitely something between the two of us.

What is causing this and how can I fix this?

Thanks a bunch!

2. JesseMartin

JesseMartin

Same issue here. Not using Algorithmic Substances though...just made a prefab at work, exported it as an asset package, and now when I import it at home, it imports all of the assets but the Prefab icon has changed to the white sheet and I cant drag it into the editor. I will try to update to the latest version of unity and see if that fixes it.

Rosie-Posie likes this.
  3. Rosie-Posie

Rosie-Posie

I hope it dose, I didn't find any kind of solution so far, and i'm also seeing other bugs, not necessarily related to this issue, maybe its my version of unity like you say! Keep me posted on your finds!

4. Kriogenic

Kriogenic

Same issue over here between the SAME versions. 5.0.2f1 --> 5.0.2f1
    very frustrating issue, I hope this is resolved within the next version. (I haven't updated to 5.0.4 yet).

EDIT: Updating Unity to 5.1.0f3 fixed the issue. Try updating Unity to the latest version

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015