Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity 5 crash after enter the serial number

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by Seaox, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Seaox

Seaox

My Unity 5 Beta (5.0.0b16 ) is crashing right after I enter the serial number and press ok. Any idea how to fix this?

2. Archania

Archania

3. Seaox

Seaox

Thanks for your help. I manage to get through the Serial Number window with command line, however the program still crash at login window. Could you please help me on this?

4. Archania

Archania

I had that happen this weekend when I was installing it on a laptop.
    I had to install 4.6 and use my code for pro then ran that unity.exe blah blah for 5 and that got it to work.
    could try that.. if not then I'm at a loss.

5. p87

p87

i was having issues with this as well, and I'm honestly not sure how I fixed it.

It was crashing after i installed beta 16. Then I tried uninstalling that and using beta 15. Then I saw release notes so I tried to do the command line Unity.exe - serial. That would bring up the license server window with the login screen, except when I logged in it would crash.

I did various permutations of trying it on beta 15 and 16, then suddenly it worked on beta 16. Except it wasn't able to contact the license server, so I had to create an ALF license file, then goto license.unity3d.com and upload it there, and then download the ULF license file...

In short, the workaround doesn't always work, but sometimes it does, I have no idea o_O

6. StarFluke

StarFluke

Yes I am seeing the same thing in beta 16... After running Serial workaround on console I get the log in window. After submitting my username and password Unity crashes. I caught the crash with Visual Studio 2013 and looked through the disassembly for clues... it looked like the AMD branch of the code was firing. I could see some cpp file references that may be useful. Let me know if you need anything.
    CPU AMD Bulldozer 8core
    32GB RAM
    other PC stats available on request.

7. StarFluke

StarFluke

WORKAROUNDo_O
    Installed Beta 14 side by side with Beta 16.
    Activating Beta 14 made Beta 16 work....

BTW: First I tried activating 4.6.1 and this did not work.:confused:

8. StarFluke

StarFluke

Verified that Beta 17 fixes this