Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only. On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live. Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Unity 5 Audio import documentation out of date

Discussion in 'Documentation' started by TinyMobGraham, Apr 29, 2015.

1. TinyMobGraham

TinyMobGraham

I've been trying to find any documentation about the new Unity 5 audio import settings, specifically best practices for iOS builds. All of the current Unity documentation on this subject is out of date.

The current Unity documentation details settings for Unity 4 but those have all since changed. Unity also previously had a list of best practices to follow for setting up audio for iOS, which is also out of date. As a result I am trying to debug a weird audio problem on iOS and I am blindly changing import settings without knowing what they are meant to do.

Can we please get documentation updates on these subjects:
    Thank you!

2. andeeeee

andeeeee

Hi Graham.

Thanks for the report. As it happens, I am working on the AudioClip page right now (there was already a bug case about it) but I'll investigate the iOS issue in particular now you've brought it to my attention. All being well, the fixes should appear online within a week or so.

3. TinyMobGraham

TinyMobGraham

Excellent, thank you!

4. jerotas

jerotas

Awesome!

5. BrainAndBrain

BrainAndBrain

Nearly two months later, this documentation is still badly out of date. Can we get an update on this?

Thanks!

6. BrainAndBrain

BrainAndBrain