Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity 5 and leapmotion

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by hierro__, Feb 14, 2015.

1. hierro__

hierro__

Hi there, just trying to use leapmotion with unty 5, every scene can be compiled and works well, still editor throw error : Failed to load 'Assets/Plugins/x86_64/LeapCSharp.dll any hints on this ? this way is not really usable and didn't find a solution or forum to read about it

I'm using version 5 f1, thank you all in advance.

2. Tomas1856

Tomas1856

Unity Technologies

Is there more to that error? The dll might fail to load for several reasons:
    * incorrect architecture, like you're providing a 32 bit dll while the Editor is 64 bit
    * one of the dependencies for dll are missing
    * other plugins might call SetDllDirectory internally which messes up dll loading routine, in this case - try checking if plugin works in an empty project, without other plugins involved

3. hierro__

hierro__

Hi thank you for reply, i'm using last version of OVR LeapMotion, working as always, except with 5.
    I started from an empty project, and i can tell that I can make it work more or less, moving all the DLL into Editor Folder and removing all folder from plugins, of course then i can't publish x64, but it's a minor issue, still i dont get how to find a solution.
    My point is that i would like to understand if somebody on the planet is using leap OVR with unity 5 :D

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  4. hierro__

hierro__

Just updated to RC2, still leapMotion doesnt work, maybe compiled DLL are pointing somewhere wrong ? is anybody using leapmotion with Unity5 ?

5. SAOTA

SAOTA

I am. It seems that the latest leap assets adds all the required dll's and libraries for all builds. Unity gets confused by this. Build your project, it will run.

upload_2015-2-17_9-26-22.png

6. hierro__

hierro__

Thank you for reply, i know i can build project, still it's unuseful if i cant use editor for play and debug

karayans likes this.
  7. hierro__

hierro__

No one had success using leap motion OVR with unity 5 ?

karayans likes this.