Search Unity

Unity 5 all versions: Editor Inspector window and Hierarchy Dark Highlighting

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by greatUnityGamer, Apr 25, 2018.

1. greatUnityGamer

greatUnityGamer

Hello all. I'm having a problem with my Unity 5. I previously used version 5.6.2f1 and it was great. But due to a must do reinstall of my OS i had to delete everything and reinstalled. Reinstalled, updated nvidia drivers to the latest .

Now every version of Unity 5 editor makes this weird chunks of highlighting in dark gray whene i put the cursor on a text field or when i click around in the hierarchy window or other.

Can anyone tell me how to fix that? Does the nvidia driver have anything to do with it?

Here's a a picture showing what it looks like

Attached Files:

2. greatUnityGamer

greatUnityGamer

Here are other pictures to show you where in happens also

Attached Files:

3. greatUnityGamer

greatUnityGamer

Can anyone help with this problem?

4. greatUnityGamer

greatUnityGamer

Hi guys again. I also noticed when i hover over the field names i get a black rectangle with some cut text as you can see in this picture. PS My Graphics card is Geforce 980 Ti if that helps to know.

Attached Files:

5. greatUnityGamer

greatUnityGamer

Here's another example of GUI graphic glitches. I really don't know why i'm getting them. Now unity is so unuseable.

Attached Files:

6. greatUnityGamer

greatUnityGamer

Hi I'm back with good news. I don't know if anyone even seen this thread but thanks anyway. I did a search in google for Editor GUI problems and Many people said having Sonic Suite(program that comes with ASUS) as a startup item is the cause. And yup. i disabled it and now my Unity works fine.