Search Unity

Unity 5.6 Might be Buggy..its Loosing/deleting assets

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Sholz, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Sholz

Sholz

Hi Team,

I have been doing my project for a year and counting now with unity and its been fun but since I updated to 5.6 . Today 15 April, 2017 while working I practically lost a folder with my environment assets made from Blender (without hitting delete key)

so heey ..OK..I was editing directly In Blender and seeing my updates on Unity viewport then not only did that asset vanish (and Blender 2.78 crash) but the folder that contained the asset and other unused assets was wiped out

OK Lets blame it on Blender or on me for using it recklessly. Now I was editing a humanoid animation and the next thing all its rigs went off.

Its a pity me I just deleted my 5.5. Please help us look into this while I get back to 5.5

2. lordofduct

lordofduct

Use version control!

Get something like git, or svn, or tfs... something.

Git is nice because it doesn't require a server (though you could self host)... I personally use the SoureTree gui when I use git.

UziMonkey likes this.
  3. DroidifyDevs

DroidifyDevs

You can use Unity Collaborate right now as it's free, or use Git. I'm currently using Collaborate simply because I don't need branching, it's easy to use and I couldn't set up Git in the past.