Search Unity

Unity 5.6 - Idea: Affected Agents for NavMesh Obstacles

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by aFeesh, Mar 8, 2017.

1. aFeesh

aFeesh

I've been working in the Unity 5.6 beta, and one thing I would really love to see implemented is an "Affected Agents" like what the Nav Mesh Modifier has, but for Nav Mesh Obstacles.

Currently I have a moving Nav Mesh Obstacle, that I want one Agent Type to be able to walk through, but another Agent Type to avoid.

So being able to select which NavMesh Surfaces a NavMesh Obstacle carves, or which agents are affected by a NavMesh Obstacle would be super helpful!

Thanks!

Ash-Blue likes this.
  2. neginfinity

neginfinity

I think....

NAv agents need some sort of layer support for obstacle/collision avoidance. The performance of the system is fairly good, however (IIRC) it is not possible to configure agents to avoid collisions with one specific group of agents only.

3. Ash-Blue

Ash-Blue

Bump on this idea. Having obstacles specific to agents would make my life a lot easier.

aFeesh likes this.
  4. aFeesh

aFeesh

Thanks! It would solve a lot of my problems as well. Still haven't figured out a work around.

5. DerDicke

DerDicke

Bump!
    Building some Dungeon Keeper Clone.
    Tested walls as NavMeshObstacles and that works fine out of the box. But it would be nice (for lava or water floor tiles) to be an obstacle for some agents only.
    E.g. flying creatures could pass both, walking dudes can use water but not lava and some creatures can't walk over water.