Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[Unity 5.6] How to start project "in the cloud" with android build settings/platform?

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Oskar_Kasprzak, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Oskar_Kasprzak

Oskar_Kasprzak

Hello there.

When I create a new project, change platform to android, add some things and then collab it, everytime when I run it again or does it my friend we have to switch platform everytime when we start Unity. It's kinda annoying because everytime it takes sometime. I just wonder if there is something to make Unity launch with "android" platform at the very beginning? I hope you understand my question.

Best regards.

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Oskar_Kasprzak! Unfortunately Collab does not keep track of the Build Settings asset file, which is stored in the Library folder and keeps track of which build your project is targeting.

However, it is possible to specify the build target when launching Unity from the command line. It's mentioned here but what you could do is pass in "-buildTarget Android" and that will start up your project already targeting Android. It will stay targeting that platform on every launch thereafter. I hope that helps! :)