Search Unity

Unity 5.5b9 and Plugins problems

Discussion in 'VR' started by dimitroff, Nov 10, 2016.

1. dimitroff

dimitroff

Hi,
    I am trying to get AVPro running inside Unity 5.5b9. But for some reason, the moment I add the plugin files, without even adding any AVPro components to the scene, the app will build sucessfully, but when deployed on the simulator and device, it won't start at all. I won't even show the Unity logo. I guess it crashes, but I could not find a way to debug this.

Any help will be appreciated?

Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  2. Unity_Wesley

Unity_Wesley

Unity Technologies

3. dimitroff

dimitroff

Hi Wesley,
    Unity 5.4.0f3 Technical Previews works fine?

I checked and the DLLs are setup correctly with the correct platform settings.

Kamen

4. dimitroff

dimitroff

Any chance you guys test this? Because, if it's working fine right off the bat in 5.4.0f3, I don't see what I can do to get it working inside Unity 5.5b9 (I am not using the latest beta version, because Holographic Emulation is not working).

The plug-in in question is: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/57969, I am using the Trial version. The moment I import this asset and make a build, the app will not start at all, not even show the Splash Screen. If I remove the asset, everything goes back to normal.

I have checked all options for the libraries and they are all the same on 5.4 and 5.5.

5. Unity_Wesley

Unity_Wesley

Unity Technologies

I'm not sure what the issue could be with this plugin.

If you would like you can submit a bug for us to investigate if this is a unity issue.

6. dimitroff

dimitroff

Ok, just tested the latest Unity version 5.5.0f1 and everything works fine, no idea what the problem was, but I guess it is fixed now.