Search Unity

Unity 5.5 Oculus Touch and gamepad, shared input issue

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by DrewMedina, Dec 6, 2016.

1. DrewMedina

DrewMedina

I love that we can now use the touch controllers as is, as gamepad controls, thanks!!
    It works great except for the the vertical axis is inverted on touch, fine on gamepad.
    Any ideas? I use the left gamepad stick to move the player fwd/back, when I picj up the touch the left hand touch analog is inverted... moving me back when I push up.
    Where would I find the scripts or whats a good way to invert just the touch? I've tried the invert setting for the Vertical input, works like it should but doesn't fix the issue.
    Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  2. williamj

williamj

Unity Technologies

Hi @HeadTrip,

This is a bug! It's been reported as case 858634 and you can follow it on our issue tracker. (The bug was recently reported and may not show up right away.)

This should be a trivial fix for us so the turn around should be pretty quick.

In the meantime you may be able to separate out the input by querying the Joystick names and reversing the sign of the axis result that has been returned depending on the Joystick in use.

https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Input.GetJoystickNames.html

Sorry for the inconvenience, I will post here when the issue is officially fixed.

-Will
    Unity QA

3. DrewMedina

DrewMedina

Not a problem! Thank you for the information, I appreciate it.

4. msl_manni

msl_manni

Can touch be used without the headset for making desktop pc games?

5. DrewMedina

DrewMedina

I doubt it, the touch hands seem to stop tracking if your not wearing the headset.

6. msl_manni

msl_manni

Thanks for the info.

7. williamj

williamj

Unity Technologies

There will be a fix available for the inverted input issue in 5.5.0 Patch 4

8. BlackPete

BlackPete

The issue was marked as "fixed" in 5.5.0, but I can confirm this is not fixed in 5.5.0f3.

What's weird though is that it seems to behave differently on different machines. On my machine it's still reversed, but on other machines it's fine.

What gives? Is there some OS level setting to invert the Touch axis?

9. greggtwep16

greggtwep16

5.5.0 p4 is later than 5.5.0 f3 so it makes sense that it isn't in the version you are using.

10. BlackPete

BlackPete

Oh, p4, ugh. I was going by the issuetracker which only said 5.5.0, but didn't specify which one :(