Search Unity

Unity 5.5 Lighting Data Scene out of Bundle Errors

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by Hanoble, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Hanoble

Hanoble

I am having an issue in Unity 5.5 when loading scenes from bundles. The resulting errors are:

Failed opening GI file: '"hash".rpc.sse'.
    >
    Error adding Enlighten probeset "hash": Data not available.
    >

This only happens when I:
    A - Load the scene out of an asset bundle.
    B - The scene has light probes in the bake.

If I remove the probes, rebake, and rebuild the bundle I no longer see either of the errors, which leads me to believe both errors are due to light probe data. On top of that, lighting (even the light probes) appear to be correct, but the fact I get errors at all would lead one to believe something is not right.

I have tried many different things to fix those errors from all over the Unityverse, such as:

Setting the General GI Directional mode to Directional/Non-Directional.
    Clearing the GI Cache.
    Moved from Unity 5.3 to 5.5.
    Completely fresh lighting bakes and bundle builds.
    Disabled the Auto lighting build.
    Enabled Precomputed Realtime GI - gave me the same errors and a handful more.
    Built bundles with the lightmapped scene active/inactive.
    Loading the scene with both SceneManager.LoadScene and SceneManager.LoadSceneAsync.

The error persists, despite everything being correct. Can someone with Unity tell me what these errors are exactly and if I should be concerned?

Attached Files:

2. Hanoble

Hanoble

Anything on this?

3. diego-borghetti

diego-borghetti

I'm having the same problem here. The big difference is that on my scene the light is not correct. Looks like there is something going on with the reflection probe.

Also, it happen with or without the Light Probe, so I think it's something else to do with the bake data and bundles.
    Tested with 5.5.1f1

4. Hanoble

Hanoble

For us we were able to solve the issues of lighting being incorrect (some parts lit correctly and others entirely unlit) by changing the Shader Stripping lightmap modes to Manual and the appropriate modes checked in Edit > Project Settings > Graphics. In our case, this was due to loading scenes from asset bundles, so might not be much help if you have everything built in, but figured I would pass on anything I got.

However, my original post about the errors being there is still prevalent in all of our builds. Still hoping one of those Unity guys will throw me a bone on that one....

5. diego-borghetti

diego-borghetti

Bump! Any Unity developer to confirm this ?

I still have the problem when I open a scene from a bundle. The bundle is a streamed scene. The errors I'm getting are:
    Failed opening GI file: 'b5/b5ed492efc7dc91aa2a23dcff9dab385.iws.sse'.
    (Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/GI/HashFile.cpp Line: 176)
    Failed opening GI file: 'b5/b5ed492efc7dc91aa2a23dcff9dab385.vis'.
    Failed opening GI file: 'b5/b5ed492efc7dc91aa2a23dcff9dab385.rsc.sse'.
    Failed opening GI file: 'b5/b5ed492efc7dc91aa2a23dcff9dab385.caw'.
    Failed loading Enlighten system data for hash: 0xb5ed492efc7dc91aa2a23dcff9dab385
    (Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/GI/Enlighten/EnlightenRuntimeManager.cpp Line: 1424)
    Failed opening GI file: '2e/2ef5e20886162b29dbf2e9c812794821.iws.sse'.
    Failed opening GI file: '2e/2ef5e20886162b29dbf2e9c812794821.vis'.
    Failed opening GI file: '2e/2ef5e20886162b29dbf2e9c812794821.rsc.sse'.
    Failed opening GI file: '2e/2ef5e20886162b29dbf2e9c812794821.caw'.
    Failed loading Enlighten system data for hash: 0x2ef5e20886162b29dbf2e9c812794821

They are more but different hash number. The scene is not very complex. It's the inside of an office. There is a group of 4 baked point light, 1 Directional light (realtime) and 1 reflection probe (baked). The walls, floor, roof and table in the scene are static.

Unity version: 5.5.1f1

6. diego-borghetti

diego-borghetti

Hi there, not sure if this will help you or not, but I'm posting here anyway.

We try every single "workaround" that we found out there and nothing works. Using unity 5.5 and Enlighten with multiples scenes and bundles was not possible.

At the end we install the 5.6.0b8 beta and switch from Enlighten to the new experimental Progressive system (which I have to say is working a lot better that Enlighten, at least for us).

So, not only multiple scenes are working (using additive load) but also loading scenes from bundles.
    I know that going for a beta can be a problem, but so far the beta version is a lot more stable that the latest 5.5 release.

Anyway, I just want to share what we found, good luck!

7. Gizmoi

Gizmoi

I am getting this issue in Unity 2017.2.0f3.

I have a scene that I am loading from an Asset Bundle built from another project. It has lightmaps and light probes.

I get the error OP mentioned
    I also get:
    Which is worrying as I'm using the Progressive lightmapper not Enlighten.

8. BonsaTech

BonsaTech

9. BonsaTech

BonsaTech

10. BonsaTech

BonsaTech

11. SteveWu

SteveWu

I have the same problem , even i clean lightingbake data in my scene, there is still appear error logs like yours. do u find any solution about this issue?

now i just can build prefab to assetsbundle and load it, instead of build scene.

12. Gizmoi

Gizmoi

I submitted a bug to Unity and the tester I spoke to said it looks like lighting data wasn't getting included in the bundles.
    This only happens for me when I bake the lighting on a different machine to the one that loads the bundles.
    I couldn't get a small enough repro project for the test team to look at and didn't have any more time to spend looking at it, so it goes unsolved but it doesn't seem to affect anything other than be an annoyance during development.