Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity 5.5.2 with Visual Studio 2017?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by JoakimCarlsson, Mar 11, 2017.

1. JoakimCarlsson

JoakimCarlsson

Alright, so I just reformatted my PC and I where going to download Visual Studio and I noticed 2017 were out.

When installing Visual Studio 2017 I saw that it gave me an option to install Unity3d with it so I went a head and did that. How ever, it did install an old version of unity (5.4.x).

I updated Unity to 5.2.2 and I went into my preferences and choose Visual Studio 2017 as my editor. How ever, when I open my scripts my Unity Project is 'incompatible'

Anyone else had similar issues?

2. knighty_nine

knighty_nine

Same problem!
    I upgrade Visual Studio 2017, but the VS 2017 tool for Unity does not work. When I double clicked the C# script within Unity, nothing happened, I could not open it ; (

3. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

I'll give this a check. I've been using vs2017 with Unity but haven't tried it since I installed the RTM version of 2017. It sounds like Unitys project type for some reason isn't registered properly with your vs2017 install. I always install Unity separately and not from the VA installer. Then install VS2017 and choose the Tools for Unity option.

4. JoakimCarlsson

JoakimCarlsson

For me it must have been a corrupt install of unity or visual studio.
    I did formate my computer and I did install visual stuido 2017 and unity again. And now it works super.

5. evesgf

evesgf

When I select vs2017 in edit>prefrences>external tools,I can edit my scripts,but vs2017 doesn't have "Tools for Unity",so we can edit,can not debug……who can help me?

6. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

Open your start menu and find the Visual Studio Installer and run it. Choose "Modify" for your edition of Visual Studio. Find the Game Development category and check "Visual Studio Tools for Unity". That'll install them if they weren't installed the first go-around.