Search Unity

Unity 5.5.1p3 adds 2 new permissions...

Discussion in 'Android' started by AgusB, Feb 13, 2017.

1. AgusB

AgusB

I've not changed any of the settings from my project besides upgrading unity from 5.5.1p2 to 5.5.1p3.
    Yet I get this 2 new permissions added.
    It sucks cause now users will be prompted about the permissions in order to update or will get the notification when the game starts.

Also, I checked the project settings to be the same:

2. AgusB

AgusB

I just tried rebuilding with Mono instead of IL2CPP and the permissions were gone. So the problem has to do with IL2CPP

3. JuliusM

JuliusM

Unity Technologies

Hello, we are not able to reproduce this. Building an empty project with IL2CPP with Unity 5.5.1p3 still does not require any permissions. Could you make sure that you are building the release player? The READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission is always added when the development player is built. If you are using a plugin, it could also add new permissions. Please try to reproduce this with an empty project.

4. AgusB

AgusB

Apparently it only happens in one of my projects.
    I do use the official google play games and google admob plugin.
    The thing is, when I compile with Mono does permissions are not there. And when I compile with IL2CPP they appear.

It could be a compatibility issue between these plugins and IL2CPP after all, the weird thing is, in previous Unity builds IL2CPP worked just fine for me with this project.