Search Unity

Unity 5.5.1 Critical Error loading mass windows

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by nswayze, Feb 13, 2017.

1. nswayze

nswayze

So I was originally on Unity 5.5ob3 when this begun happening to me and it's the weirdest thing. When I add new assets to my scene (or so it seems) Unity will take a lot longer than usual to run the scene in the editor and then suddenly, it'll open all of my Windows apps running in the bottom right hidden icon tab along with other apps.

I have no idea what's causing it. My feeling is that it tends to happen when I have a lot of assets running in my scene. I'm currently on Windows 7 x64 with Unity Pro and don't know how to debug or get to the bottom of what's causing it.

2. nswayze

nswayze

It's occured again this time after adding the asset "uConstruct" [

3. nswayze

nswayze

After updating my Nvidia drivers today it occurred again. One thing I noticed after the crash is that before the crash occurred (and hitting run) my project reverted back to using Direct X 11 on the highest "Fantastic" setting.

Changing it to Direct x 9 and keeping it on the lowest setting seems to keep this error out of harms way.

I could be wrong but it seems like many assets + direct x 11 is the trigger for it.

4. Baste

Baste

Seems like this one has popped up again. This bug's bizzare.

You really need to send a bug report!

5. nswayze

nswayze

Yeah it really is Bizzare!

I've submitted 2 bug reports and haven't heard anything from Unity.Today I'm going to re-install Windows just to make sure it's not some virus or malware or just my system stuffing up in general.

If anyone else is curious, here's my system specs:

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  6. nswayze

nswayze

It turns out it was just my computer going haywire. Although I've switched to DX9 for good. I've had no problems since formatting. Sorry about the false alarm.