Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Unity 5.5.0x1-Collab idling at ~70% CPU usage

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by digableMatt, Dec 19, 2016.

1. digableMatt

digableMatt

This version of Unity for some reason is using a considerable amount of CPU while doing nothing.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

2. Gurg

Gurg

Unity Technologies

Thanks for the heads up, and I'm sorry you are encountering this with Collaborate. If you are getting this to constantly happen, can you do me a favor and launch your Unity editor application from command line with the -enableCollabEventLogs option (Ex. /path/to/Unity.exe -enableCollabEventLogs). When Unity is idling but taking a high amount of CPU like this, go to the help menu and submit a bug report from there. Sending a report this way will send us the logs and tell us what on earth Unity is doing with all that CPU.

3. digableMatt

digableMatt

I'll give a shot tomorrow. My colleague kept asking me "are you working on something cool over there? Your computer is really going!". I also noticed that Unity was STILL consuming ~70% after it had completely closed :-O. I had to kill the ghost unity process from activity monitor to stop it from doing that. This is on OSX btw, so i'm guessing that flag is able to be ran from terminal?

4. Gurg

Gurg

Unity Technologies

The flag can be run from the terminal on macOS as well, but the executable is less obvious. In the terminal, Unity.app is actually a directory. It should go Unity.app/Contents/MacOS/ and inside the MacOS folder you will find the unity executable where you will use the flag.