Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity 5.4b WebGL Movie Texture Support

Discussion in '5.4 Beta' started by Hliouxas, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Hliouxas

Hliouxas

A quick question. Does anyone know if the beta 5.4 WebGL builds support Movie Textures?

2. bdovaz

bdovaz

I think they need to create a blog post one day and tell us what are going to do with video. It's a joke that we can use it only on standalone without seek, get current time, only ogv (streaming or loading from external source)... And can't use it on mobile forcing us to buy on the asset store assets that are not very professional.

Also there is no MovieTexture API in UnityWebRequest. Only in "obsolete" WWW.

They need to provide a cross-platform Video API, we are in 2016!!!!

3. Doddler

Doddler

I second a call for improved movietexture api. It's barely functional in it's current state for the platforms it does work on, which is not as many as it should. Really would like better options. :(

4. Hyp-X

Hyp-X

I agree that we need a cross platform API. It also need to support H264 (AVC) since that's the format most of the hardware (phones, tablets, consoles, video cards, intel CPUs etc.) has hardware decoding support for.
    Also we need the solution that sends the audio stream into the audio mixer on all platforms...