Search Unity

Unity 5.4 WheelCollider

Discussion in 'Physics' started by Eldirfar, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Eldirfar

Eldirfar

Today I have tried new Unity 5.4 and have some issues with WheelColliders. I have switched from Unity 5.3.5-6. I have system with traffic cars implemented on WheelColliders and in new Unity they are just broken. I didn't found any changes in changelog of new Unity.
    Does someone else also found that WheelColliders behaves different in Unity 5.4 compare to 5.3.x?

2. Edy

Edy

I haven't noticed any change in the suspension part. It behaves exactly as in previous Unity 5.x versions. I can't tell about the friction curve, as I don't use it.

3. pauloaguiar

pauloaguiar

I don´t see any diference. It´s the same.

4. Marcos-Schultz

Marcos-Schultz

I believe this is an error in your project because the asset I'm doing from the Unity 5.0 showed no change in Unity 5.4 .

5. Justice0Juic3

Justice0Juic3

Well well well - What a mess.
    My car flies immediately outside the track. Then it gave me an error that I had to set the Mesh Colliders to Convex. Fixed... partly. The vehicle still flies insane to random directions without even pressing any key.
    I then did some tests in a fresh new project but the problem still remained. This bugged me a lot and it still does. Just when I was getting started with a racing game.

What a shame, Unity (5.4.0f3).
    Switched back to Unity 4.6.0f3 for a while. Works like a charm, but I miss the next-gen graphics. :rolleyes:

6. Edy

Edy

@Justice0Juic3 Those issues are surely caused by the damper values to be too large for the rigidbody mass. Such setup was properly supported at Unity 4 / Physx 2, but it produces the effects you're experiencing on Unity 5 / PhysX 3. Try modifying the damper values to have the same numeric value as the mass (it's a rule of thumb for 4-wheeled vehicles).

7. Marcos-Schultz

Marcos-Schultz

@Justice0Juic3 , could send a photo of the following components?

- wheelColliders
    - Veículo corpo rígido
    - colliders vehicle