Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity 5.4 new splash screen is great BUT...

Discussion in '5.4 Beta' started by Vagabond_, Apr 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vagabond_

Vagabond_

Hi, i pretty much like the new Unity splash screen in 5.4, is so fresh and cool BUT...!

why is this "Personal Edition" text added at the bottom. I understand we are free users but it makes it look so unprofessional to me. I don't think any player would like to know what version of unity a developer has used. The logo itself says it is the personal edition as the pro version is not forced to use it. I really would not want to publish any game with that text added to the splash screen.

So i will be pretty much thankful if you would like to remove that text from the splash.

What do you guys think...?

2. creat327

creat327

that's why you pay to remove it? :?

3. Vagabond_

Vagabond_

Sure i know that, but in 5.3 there is only the Unity's Logo and looks much more powerful and no text which when i read i could think the game is made with an engine version which has less features and with that couldn't be a good game.
    When i am just a player i couldn't know what that means.

4. creat327

creat327

I doubt people would think that. In fact, most don't even pay attention to the splash screen. In any case, if it's a personal edition, it makes sense it says so on the splash screen. I'm sure Unity had good reasons to change it.

5. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Locked as it's been covered many times before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.