Search Unity

Unity 5.4 - issues with character controller

Discussion in 'Physics' started by Geckoo, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Geckoo

Geckoo

Hi Unity community. I have a problem, using the character controller. I have developed a project on Unity 5.3 for the last LudumDare event - and all worked fine with my custom character controller which uses a capsule collider - no rigidbody. I installed Unity 5.4 yesterday and I imported my previous project. For an unknown reason, the capsule collider seems bad - there is another behavior and especially on spherical objects. On Unity 5.3 all was smooth and playable, now on Unity 5.4, the character climbs on the spherical surfaces and all jumps are bad because there is now a friction. What it means? Of course, I can uninstall 5.4 for 5.3, but I would like to keep the newest version. An advice? Thank you for your help ++

2. HiddenMonk

HiddenMonk

You are saying that in 5.4 you are suddenly able to walk on spheres?

Maybe post an example code of your character controller movement script that you can confirm works in 5.3 and not 5.4 and a screenshot of both 5.3 and 5.4 character controller in the inspector in case some values were changed like stepoffset or slopelimit.

You say it was for LudumDare, that means the project is open sourced? Perhaps you can post the 5.3 project so we can test for ourselves.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  3. Geckoo

Geckoo

Thank you for your answer. Finally I came back to Unity 5.3 and as I expected now it works fine. There is something which has been changed between these releases and I don't understand anything. I will share code source soon ++