Search Unity

(Unity 5.4.1p1) Architecture Setting Not Carrying Through Build Process Properly

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by gamecakestudios, Sep 19, 2016.

1. gamecakestudios

gamecakestudios

Hey all! We've been seeing an issue at my studio with the iOS build process since ~Unity 5.3.1 that continues even in the latest releases (currently on Unity5.4.1p1). This issue is DOUBLING the size of our builds, and doubling our build times.

The Architecture setting (ARMv7 / ARM64 / Universal) in the iOS player settings dialogue is not properly modifying the settings in the resulting Xcode build. When we restrict our app to ARMv7, the Xcode build still has settings turned on that cause it to build files for ARM64 as well.

My settings in Unity:

Xcode Project:

Xcode Target:

Unless we remove every reference to arm64 in the previous two screenshots manually within Xcode, it will still build for arm64, doubling the amount of files we need to compile in Xcode for deployment. This lengthens our build and iteration time for testing, as we only want to build for ARM64 for major milestone builds, or for features that require testing on specifically ARM64.

This seems like a bug because the setting within Unity is not behaving as expected.

Attached Files:

MrEsquire likes this.
  2. gamecakestudios

gamecakestudios

Is anyone else running into this? I wasn't able to find any bugs in the Issue Tracker about this, although maybe I'm not using the correct search terms. Happy to provide more info if needed.

3. povilas

povilas

Unity Technologies

Looks like that's a bug. Could you submit a bug report with repro project attached? The repro project can be an empty project if you can reproduce the issue there, the key is to have exact same settings that exhibit the issue.

Please post the bug number here. Thanks.